ILM Level 5 Management Coaching and Mentoring (Module 1)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with University of Salford, Manchester.Full disclaimer.
This intensive Management Coaching and Mentoring programme is aimed at managers and business professionals who want to develop their expertise and credibility in the fields of coaching and mentoring, to establish coaching on an organisational level, or are aspiring to become a professional coach.
The purpose of the programme is to give individuals a sound basis in coaching and mentoring practice allowing them to become competent workplace coaches. The programme is highly interactive and delegates will be required to participate in a range of large and small group exercises, group debates and discussions, coaching practice, feedback sessions and individual reflection.
Module 1 (Level 3) takes place over 3 consecutive days. You will then have a few weeks off to complete the level 3 assessment and Module 2 (Level 5) will then take place over 2 consecutive days.
Assessment and Accreditation fees are included in the price shown
Benefits for individ uals include:
- Powerful, inspirational communication skills
- Increased openness to opportunities for personal learning and development
- Ability to create targeted performance improvements for self, individuals, teams and businesses
- Develop the ability to support others through change, and become resilient when challenged
- Develop self-awareness and leadership capability
Benefits for the organisation include:
- Demonstrates commitment to individuals and their development
- Higher organisational performance and productivity
- Facilitates the adoption of a new culture or management change
- Supports cost reduction and business growth
About Chapel House
“Supporting Learning, Development and Change”
Chapel House are a UK based, accredited, professional training and consultancy organisation with programmes, projects and packages available across the globe.
We currently offer accreditation from the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM), and in 2015 accreditation from the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and the Institute of Supply Chain Management (IoSCM).
Our expertise is in delivering commercial training programmes, leadership development, business coach training, and bespoke executive development courses. We aim to impart cutting edge research and thought leadership through teaching, providing our delegates not only with insight and theory, but also the confidence and know how to apply learning to their organisation immediately. This ensures a fantastic return on investment for all the businesses and institutions we work with.
We work in close alliance with the University of York, and deliver the University’s executive training programmes to businesses and organisations around the world. In partnership, we deliver the world class York Executive Leadership Programme, accredited at Level 7 on the qualification framework, although we specialise in developing leaders at every level of the organisation
Ready to start your assignments?
Once you have completed the two modules and are ready to start your assignments, you will be registered with the ILM and will have up to three years to complete the three mandatory assignments. Salford Professional Development are always there at the end of a phone if you have any queries regarding your assignments. We recommend you join the monthly tutorials that are either face to face or via conference call.
- What is coaching, and the differences between coaching and mentoring
- The benefits of coaching for you and your organisation
- The skills and attributes of a safe, effective coach Understand and apply underpinning psychological concepts that support coaching, including Neurological Levels, NLP and Transactional Analysis. * How to begin a coaching conversation, apply effective models such as GROW, OSKAR and SUCCESS, and ask effective coaching questions.
- Witness coaching conversations delivered by a professional coach.
- Hold professional standard coaching and mentoring conversations in a safe, supervised environment, and receive feedback.
- Understand the coaching process, and how to use key models to hold both formal and informal coaching conversations (and consider the spectrum in between).
- Build, develop and lead high performing teams. Consider how to develop people in line with the performance management process and values of own organisation.
- Apply coaching strategies to create a culture of innovation and excellence. Develop high performance initiatives for own teams.
- Consider motivational strategies and learn how to coach and mentor team members with varying ability and potential.
- Examine how to use coaching conversations to develop individual professional goals and career plans with team members to enhance motivation levels.
- Identify how to integrate coaching and mentoring into your leadership approach to support the needs and objectives of the business; informal development and the art of ‘Curb-side Coaching’, leading to the development of a coaching culture.
- Develop a real world business case for innovative coaching and mentoring application within own organisation
- Learn and apply Supervision best practice in order to provide Formative, Normative and Restorative supervision support to other coaches and mentors in the organisation, at any level.
- Understand good practice in the evaluation of coaching and mentoring, including cutting edge methodology in measuring ROI.
- Practice real world management coaching and mentoring, and Supervision conversations, in a safe and supervised environment.