Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
The programme opens to entrepreneurs and executives from companies or organisations involved in furthering the common good while unleashing the power of Impact Innovation to sustain commercially.
We welcome participants from both for-profit and non-profit organisations from around the globe who are looking to expand horizons on impact innovation from both the West and the East. In addition, professionals work in an advisory capacity to companies with a desire to introduce or reposition themselves in relation to innovation will also benefit from this programme.
About the course
Impact innovation is the application of innovation principles across all aspects of what we do. Rather than thinking one dimensionally about disruption, it causes us to think about the social, environmental, and economic implications of what we do and how to navigate these areas. Igniting Innovation for Impact programme draws together the different strands of impact innovation and brings a leadership lens which supports participants to understand how they can create long-lasting and genuine impact through their roles and organisations.
Our programme, together with Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business is part of a broader programme, Impact Leadership in the Era of Global Disruptions, which aims to develop a new generation of business leaders with impact who can contribute to the global future.
- A long-term and global view on how organisations and their leaders can best organise themselves for impact innovation
- A comparative perspective on innovation from both the East and the West, integrating knowledge from multiple disciplines
- Opportunities to hear from leading speakers and organisations on how they have managed to balance business and social impact
- A platform for individuals to examine their own leadership and build new practices and behaviours for the future for others to follow
Overview of benefits
- Discover the concept of impact innovation and be able to position yourselves and your organisations within it
- Understand the role in leader in aligning social, economic and environmental good from both East and West perspectives
- Explore the multiple faces of innovation and how it creates a route to thrive within a disrupted world
- Identify the relationship between social and commercial good and develop business models you can adopt to align these
- Acquire unparalleled global networks with like-minded leaders to create personal & professional connections for future success
- Activate impact innovation project with impact leaders’ advice for implementation within and beyond programme
To your organisation:
- Review different approaches to innovation and the outcomes they create, integrating strategies for positive disruption into your organisations
- Apply global perspectives & mindsets to formulate disruptive innovations and create sustainable solutions for your stakeholders
- Establish strategies, processes and behaviours within your organisations which lead to purposeful impact innovation
- Deliver responsible and commercially sustainable growth via impact innovation
- Empower next generation of disruptive innovators and impact leaders to secure future company success
Zhu Rui is Academic Director for EMBA Program, Professor of Marketing and co-director of the Branding Center in Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business (CKGSB). Prior to joining CKGSB, she was associate professor of marketing, and Canada Research Chair in consumer behavior at the University of Br...
James is an environment and sustainability professional with 23 years’ experience in commercially focused roles in private equity, banking and consulting. His experience covers a breadth of sectors and geographies.James is currently a Partner at ERM, the world’s leading sustainability consultancy...
Richard is highly experienced in supporting organisations, teams and individuals to develop their capacity to lead and learn. With over 10 years’ experience working with CEOs, L&D, HR and business leads he has a wealth of knowledge which he uses to support the success and impact of organisati...
Dr. Xiang Bing is the Founding Dean and Professor of China Business and Globalization at Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business (CKGSB). Prior to joining CKGSB, Dr. Xiang was a Professor at Peking University and one of the seven founding faculty members of China Europe International Business Sch...
Tim Minshall is the head of the Institute for Manufacturing (IfM) at Cambridge University Engineering Department and head of IfM's Centre for Technology Management. He is the inaugural Dr John C. Taylor Professor of Innovation, a member of the boards of St John's Innovation Centre Ltd and IfM-ECS...
Bo Ji is the Founder of China Start and China CEO, an inspiring TEDx speaker, a Chinaprenuer, and a game changer in the global startup ecosystem. Bo is currently the Assistant Dean & Chief Representative for Europe at Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business (CKGSB), a top business school with...
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.