Who should attend
Most creative careers involve storytelling so this is very much an upskilling course. Suitable for writing, advertising, film, TV, painting, photography.
About the course
No story or screenplay is entirely original. Every story echoes others that came before it. Over 14 steps, this unique and innovative course offers techniques and skills to connect your writing with successful themes and ideas.
We will provide clear and practical strategies, including critical analysis of films and devising creative writing templates that ensure your ideas are developed to their full potential. We’ll also embrace and utilise other art-forms to stimulate and develop unified concepts. You will leave the course with at least one well developed story that may be taken into production.
- A greater awareness of archetypes and character transformation in storytelling and film.
- Experience of shared authorship and ideas development.
- An appreciation of both theoretical and intuitive analysis of storytelling and film.
- An ability to produce work that corresponds with the greater canon of storytelling and film.
- At the end of the course, we intend for you to have greater confidence as a storyteller and writer.
Mark Aitken is a director and producer of documentary films. Mark’s multi-award winning film, Dead when I got here about a mental asylum run by its own patients in Juárez, Mexico is accompanied by a book and a photo series. His acclaimed photo series and installation Sanctum Ephemeral will be pu...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.