This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
This comprehensive highly interactive workshop provides an understanding of best practices for preventing, identifying and managing employee related issues that have potential legal concerns. It will include knowledge of:
- The laws that obligate employers
- Recent legislation and court cases defining employer-employee rights and obligations
- Practical implications of the laws in day-to-day human resources operations
- EEO: Equal Employment Opportunity Laws
- FLSA: Fair Labor Standards Act
- OSHA: Occupational Safety and Health Act
- ERISA: Employee Retirement Income Security Act
- FMLA: Family and Medical Leave Act
- NLRA: National Labor Relations Act
- WARN: Workers Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act
- COBRA: Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act
- HIPAA: The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- SOX: Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Employment at will/wrongful discharge
- Privacy issues and management rights in the workplace
- State and local legislation and court action
A CD-ROM containing comprehensive legal summaries prepared by renowned labor and employment lawyers.
Who should attend
HR managers and professionals in federal and state laws, regulations, and court cases affecting the workplace
Trust the experts
Employment Lawyer and Employee Relations professional, who helps businesses and individuals to identify and resolve workplace issues before they result in litigation. Legal advice, provided through an employee relations lens, offers individualized solutions for clients in the four key areas of: D...
Wasserman Law is a management-side employment law firm whose practice is devoted exclusively to fostering compliance with employment laws and minimizing the risk of workplace liability. We provide practical advice and solutions to address your everyday human resource questions and problems. Our...