Who should attend
HR managers and professionals in federal and state laws, regulations, and court cases affecting the workplace
About the course
This comprehensive highly interactive workshop provides an understanding of best practices for preventing, identifying and managing employee related issues that have potential legal concerns. It will include knowledge of:
- The laws that obligate employers
- Recent legislation and court cases defining employer-employee rights and obligations
- Practical implications of the laws in day-to-day human resources operations
- EEO: Equal Employment Opportunity Laws
- FLSA: Fair Labor Standards Act
- OSHA: Occupational Safety and Health Act
- ERISA: Employee Retirement Income Security Act
- FMLA: Family and Medical Leave Act
- NLRA: National Labor Relations Act
- WARN: Workers Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act
- COBRA: Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act
- HIPAA: The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- SOX: Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Employment at will/wrongful discharge
- Privacy issues and management rights in the workplace
- State and local legislation and court action
A CD-ROM containing comprehensive legal summaries prepared by renowned labor and employment lawyers.
Susan Brecher, currently the Director of HR Dispute Management and Resolution Certificate and Curriculum/Training Design is an employment practices attorney and expert in training and curriculum design for both online and classroom based workshops. She has broad experience in advising, consultin...
Employment Lawyer and Employee Relations professional, who helps businesses and individuals to identify and resolve workplace issues before they result in litigation. Legal advice, provided through an employee relations lens, offers individualized solutions for clients in the four key areas of: D...
Gayle F. Wasserman, Esq. is a management-side employment attorney and human resources consultant with over 18 years of experience. Since establishing her own private practice, Wasserman Law, in 2004, Gayle has regularly counseled clients throughout the New York tri-state area on a variety of emp...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.