Who should attend
- Entry-level to senior HR professionals
- Global HR managers
- Employee relations managers
- Generalists seeking to move into a specialized role
- EEO, compliance and security professionals conducting internal employee-related investigations
About the course
Learn best practices for understanding, identifying, preventing, and managing employee-related issues that have potential legal concerns. Gain up-to-date information on employment laws and court cases on employment practices. Use case scenarios to apply practical implications of those laws on policies and day-to-day operations.
Understanding the impact and importance of employment laws in the context of your daily work is critical to your success.
In this course, you will review best practices for understanding, identifying, preventing, and managing employee-related issues that have potential legal concerns. You will gain up-to-date information on employment laws and court cases on employment practices. You'll also engage with case scenarios to apply practical implications of those laws on policies and day-to-day operations.
Key Course Takeaways
- Examine the scope of employment laws that impact organizations, including strategies and preventive actions related to legal issues and policies
- Identify questions to ask about potential legal issues and their relationships to policies
- Discuss the impact of recent legislation and court cases defining employer-employee rights and obligations
- Discuss case scenarios with practical implications of the laws in day-to-day HR operations
- Review best practices and cases from employment lawyers
- Apply new concepts and skills through small and whole group case-study role plays, activities with feedback, discussions, Q&A, and sharing of best practices
Susan Brecher, currently the Director of HR Dispute Management and Resolution Certificate and Curriculum/Training Design is an employment practices attorney and expert in training and curriculum design for both online and classroom based workshops. She has broad experience in advising, consultin...
Tracey I. Levy is the Founding Member of Levy Employment Law, LLC, and annually has been recognized by Super Lawyers for the New York Metro area since 2016. Offering clients the benefit of more than 25 years of legal and employee relations experience, Tracey guides managers and in-house counsel t...
Gayle F. Wasserman, Esq. is a management-side employment attorney and human resources consultant with over 18 years of experience. Since establishing her own private practice, Wasserman Law, in 2004, Gayle has regularly counseled clients throughout the New York tri-state area on a variety of emp...
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.