Human-Computer Interaction for User Experience Design
The human-computer interaction (HCI) industry is dynamic and ever-changing and, as a result, requires professionals committed to improving the discipline with a focus on the future.
Eight experts from MIT CSAIL have dedicated their research efforts to exploring the ways in which HCI can be enhanced and now they’re opening that research up to you.
You have the opportunity to access their work to imagine your own future for HCI and the user experience by reflecting on non-traditional interaction, speech recognition, and rapid prototyping, among others.
Take your understanding beyond interface by integrating experimental HCI into your work, all backed by the research of expert MIT faculty and verified with a certificate from MIT xPRO.
What will set you apart
Earn a certificate of completion from MIT xPRO in this online program and be empowered to:
- Use your existing UX knowledge to experiment with HCI, improving the state of both disciplines
- Explore a host of cutting-edge HCI concepts including voice activated and spatially-aware computers
- Work with forward-thinking research from eight leading experts by gaining exposure to their work
- Navigate speech and vision tools through examples like eye-tracking and gaze-following technologies
- Reflect on the ways in which you can apply this pioneering research to your real-world HCI context for the improvement of the future of computing
Explore the possibilities of HCI for the enhancement of user experience with experts from MIT CSAIL as you follow your learning path through the weekly modules of this online course:
- Orientation module Welcome to your Online Campus
- Module 1 The essence of interaction design
- Module 2 Non-traditional and multimodal user interfaces
- Module 3 Collaborative computer interaction
- Module 4 Intelligent user interfaces and prototyping
- Module 5 Multimedia, speech, and vision in computer interaction
- Module 6 The future direction of human-computer interface