Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
About the course
This non-technical program, taught by a certified cyber-crimes investigator from the Department of Defense, is intended to bring awareness to all HR professionals about their role in maintaining cybersecurity.
HR HAS A CRITICAL ROLE TO PLAY IN CREATING A CULTURE OF CYBERSECURITY
HR maintains sensitive employee data, data that is appealing to hackers. Protecting this data must be part of the standard operating procedure of every HR professional as they collect and maintain employees' social security numbers, full names, addresses, and dates of birth. One HR professional accessing these records on the free wi-fi at the airport can lead to a catastrophic breach, one that costs the employer hundreds of thousands of dollars in notifications and lost employee trust.
IT ALONE ISN'T SUFFICIENT
Cybersecurity used to be viewed as an IT issue, but the best IT can't protect the organization acting alone. With an estimated 27%1 of cyberattacks resulting from employee errors, HR must be involved to minimize the risk and create a culture of cybersecurity as employees are the weakest link in an organization’s cybersecurity.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Learn of current threats and trends in cybersecurity
- Security practices for traveling for work with a work computer includes:
- Dangers of using open public wifi
- Dangers of using external media
- Social Engineering (What people are putting out on social media/linked in/blogs, and how that data can be used against you and Spear Phishing/Whale Phishing)
- Gain tools to remove your cyber footprint
The registration fee includes
- All course materials.
- Continental breakfast and networking lunch are included each day.
- Registration and Continental Breakfast at 8:00am; Program begins at 8:30am.
- Travel and hotel expenses are not included.
- Space is limited, so we advise registering as soon as possible to secure your participation.
Tina M. Riley, PhD, is an Associate Professor and Associate Director of the School of Human Resources and Labor Relations at Michigan State University (MSU). She is the Director of the School's Human Resource Executive Education program and holds a PhD in Higher, Adult, and Lifelong Education as ...