Who should attend
Those new to working in the HR function or less experienced HR administrators who want to understand some of the activities and the current thinking in HR would benefit from this short course.
About the course
This highly informative three-day course provides an introductory overview of the fundamental HR topics and actionable insights into the knowledge, strategy and competencies required of today’s people professionals. This course is designed to introduce new or less experienced HR administrators to the role and activities of the HR function and help them effectively add value to the organisation.
Benefits of attending
Participants will be provided with a wealth of additional resources including CIPD factsheets, podcast links, checklists, tools and templates to further your professional development.
Over the three days, you will:
- Learn how to recruit, train and develop employees
- Gain practical knowledge on why and how to reward employees fairly, using both financial and non-financial systems
- Focus on what keeps employees engaged at work so they're motivated and productive
- Develop the confidence and knowledge you need to become a more effective HR professional and support organisational performance
Key learning objectives
Over three days, you will learn how to:
- Understand the key role and expectations of an HR practitioner
- Gain the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be effective now and in the future
- Appreciate the changing world of work in which HR and L&D is operating and its role in an organisation's success
- Deliver customer-focused HR service delivery and handle complaints
- Maintain a positive approach in the organisation’s relationship with its employees
- Evaluate the factors that affect an organisation's approach to talent management
- Demonstrate the benefits of implementing engagement practices and tools
- Increase your personal effectiveness in handling a range of HR issues
Videos and materials
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.