This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
As a line manager your ultimate aim is to get the best out of your people to deliver organisational success. Often a big part of your role is to recognise and deal with any HR issues that may arise -quickly and with minimum risk to the business, so that you and your team can move forward and achieve your goals.
Getting it right first time and managing issues fairly and consistently within the legal framework is crucial and this course is designed with this in mind.
Intended to equip line managers with an understanding of theirs and their organisations legal responsibilities and risks it will also provide practical knowledge and tools to gain confidence in applying HR practices as part of their role.
- Employee Rights Act - importance and legalities of the Employee / Employer relationship
- Exploring key policies and codes of practice: -
- Disciplinary & Grievance
- Fair and Unfair dismissal
- Exploring key policies and codes of practice cont.: -
- Equality Act 2010 – discrimination, bullying and harassment
- Managing Absence
- Case studies
- Delegates will be feel empowered and equipped to deal with every day HR activities for their team
- To understand the part the Employment Rights Act 1996 has in Employee Relations
- Contracts of Employment and Employee Handbook
- To understand your responsibility in fairly and consistently delivering good, solid HR policies and practices and management of issues
- To develop understanding of some fundamental HR policies and codes of practice with the aim to develop confidence in applying your learnings in the workplace: -
- Equality Act 2010 – protected characteristics and forms of unlawful discrimination and the impact on the Employee Lifecycle
- Absence Management – authorised and unauthorised / short term and long term
The above will be delivered through a mixture of slides, case studies and group discussion.
Who should attend
- Anyone who has responsibility for managing people and is required to have a basic knowledge of HR.
- Line managers who are expected to manage HR issues with minimum risk to the business.