HR for Non HR Managers
Gain an essential understanding of the employee life-cycle as well as key employment legislation affecting the employer–employee relationship.
Operational line managers have varying degrees of involvement in HR related activities and it is critical that they understand, and operate within best practice and comply with legislation. HR for Non HR Managers is a one-day course taking the line manager through the complete employee life-cycle from pre-recruitment to post-termination as well as covering key employment legislation affecting the employer-employee relationship.
After completing the HR for Non HR Managers course, you will be able to:
- explain the key stages of the employee life-cycle (from pre-recruitment to post termination) and the associated underpinning legal obligations of employers and rights of employees
- identify how HR contribute to organisational success
- demonstrate when to consult with HR as a line manager
- identify the importance of employee engagement and managing the ‘psychological contract’
- identify means of establishing employee performance standards and subsequently monitor and review that performance
The role of the line manager in working with, and as, HR
When to consult HR
The employee life-cycle and the legal framework for:
- recruitment and selection
- employee engagement and managing the psychological contract
- rewarding employees
- handling termination of employment
- managing employee performance and discipline.
Who should attend
Recommended for line managers who need to understand the complete employee life-cycle from pre-recruitment to post-termination as well as key employment legislation affecting the employer-employee relationship.