Who should attend
This course is ideal for professionals who:
- are aspiring to move into a business partnering role,
- have a background within operational HR and are now looking for ways to strengthen relations with the business,
- HR business partners who already have some experience within the role and are looking to benchmark their current approach with stakeholders and look for additional ways to enhance their work.
About the course
This course aims to develop your knowledge and skills of Business Partnering to enable you to build credibility to influence key business stakeholders. You will gain insights on what it means to be a ‘business savvy’ HR professional, understand and speak the financial language of business, and appreciate the important role of HR analytics in developing an evidence-based approach to HR.
Key learning outcomes
By completing the course, you will be able to:
- Appreciate the changing context in which HR is operating and the resulting shift in expectations and skills required of the HRBP role
- Explain the four foundations of business savvy HR and understand how to apply this in your organisation
- Speak the financial language of business and apply this in your role to develop your credibility
- Apply fundamental financial knowledge to everyday HR scenarios
- Work with data to apply evidence based HR and workplace analytics to utilise an insight-led approach to HR
- Make a commitment to your personal development
Delegates who attend the course will be able to:
- Appreciate the trends and resulting impact of the future of work and the role of an HRBP in this changing context
- Explain the four foundations of business-savvy HR and understand how to apply a strategic mindset
- Generate insight from data and evidence for an insight-led approach to HR
- Speak the financial language of business to assist with stakeholder communication
- Identify stakeholders and influence with impact
- Understand different coaching/mentoring approaches and how to apply
- Develop skills to become a credible organisation coach-mentor and trusted advisor
- Make a commitment to their personal development as an HRBP
- The Future of Work
- The HRBP role in the context of the future world of work
- How does the new landscape impact your organisation?
- The Role of the HRBP
- Defining the role - a HRBP Superstar
- Competencies and behaviours
- CPD using the CIPD new Profession Map
- Spending time on the right things
- Strategic Partnering
- Business-Savvy HR
- Understanding the organisational model
- Insight driven HR - Generating insight from data and evidence
- Connecting with curiosity purpose and impact
- Understanding HR Analytics
- Business case for HR Analytics
- HR data and measures
- Key terminology
- Skills needed and organisational readiness
- The Trusted Advisor
- Leading with integrity - HRBP as a skilled influencer
- Stakeholder mapping and engagement
- HRBP as organisational Coach-Mentor
- What is coaching v mentoring v training?
- HRBP as an organisational Coach-Mentor
- Foundation coaching skills
- HRBP Coaching in Action
- Coaching practice and reflection
- A coaching approach to courageous conversations HRBP & workplace scenarios
- Workplace Application
- Review, Individual reflection and action planning
Omar has 26 years of people development experience ranging from developing health and well being for his personal clients to coaching executives and CEO’s. He specialises in developing senior leaders, their teams and their organisations. He has a Masters degree in Strategic Training & Develo...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.