Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with CIPD.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Develop your skills and progress as a business partner. Discover how to influence stakeholders, build credibility and take your organisation forward, with this one day course.
The HR as Business Partner course is your gateway to attaining valuable information on how partnering operates in practice, in both public and private sectors. Discover how you can develop and progress as a business partner, either personally or within your organisation.
By the end of the HR as Business Partner course, you'll be able to:
- Appreciate the business partnering approach and its key drivers
- identify how business partnering differs from other approaches such as internal consultancy, HR manager or director role
- learn to assess the implications for HR careers and your organisation as a whole
- recognise the attitudes, knowledge and skills required of an HR partner
- assess your own organisation’s readiness for HR partnering
- devise strategies for influencing line managers
- develop a personal ‘partnering’ action plan.
- What is HR business partnering?
- a brief history of partnering with illustrative UK case studies
- partnering’s promise – how it delivers benefits
- partnering’s problems – when partnering struggles
- partnering journeys – review of partnering paths taken
- organisations that have successfully implemented partnering
- What makes a great HR business partner
- Development of HR business partner
- Operating as an HR business partner
- Key actions.
Who should attend
HR as Business Partner course is extremely well suited to you if you’re a new HR business partner, currently aspiring to this role, or an HR professional looking to introduce partnering into your organisation.
Trust the experts
Giles O’Halloran, Lead Tutor HR Business Partner Programmes, CIPD. Giles is an experienced HR and Recruitment professional who works as a freelance consultant, strategist, writer and coach. He started his HR career with IBM after first reading Modern Languages at Warwick University and becoming ...
EPIC helps people and places to Evolve, Perform, Improve and Compete. I’m Gary Cookson – a portfolio HR, OD and L&D Director doing a mix of self employed, associate and freelance work. I’m a CIPD Chartered Fellow, a Fellow of the Learning and Performance Institute, a qualified coach and mem...