Who should attend
HR as Business Partner course is extremely well suited to you if you’re a new HR business partner, currently aspiring to this role, or an HR professional looking to introduce partnering into your organisation.
About the course
Develop your skills and progress as a business partner. Discover how to influence stakeholders, build credibility and take your organisation forward, with this one day course.
The HR as Business Partner course is your gateway to attaining valuable information on how partnering operates in practice, in both public and private sectors. Discover how you can develop and progress as a business partner, either personally or within your organisation.
By the end of the HR as Business Partner course, you'll be able to:
- Appreciate the business partnering approach and its key drivers
- identify how business partnering differs from other approaches such as internal consultancy, HR manager or director role
- learn to assess the implications for HR careers and your organisation as a whole
- recognise the attitudes, knowledge and skills required of an HR partner
- assess your own organisation’s readiness for HR partnering
- devise strategies for influencing line managers
- develop a personal ‘partnering’ action plan.
- What is HR business partnering?
- a brief history of partnering with illustrative UK case studies
- partnering’s promise – how it delivers benefits
- partnering’s problems – when partnering struggles
- partnering journeys – review of partnering paths taken
- organisations that have successfully implemented partnering
- What makes a great HR business partner
- Development of HR business partner
- Operating as an HR business partner
- Key actions.
Giles O’Halloran, Lead Tutor HR Business Partner Programmes, CIPD. Giles is an experienced HR and Recruitment professional who works as a freelance consultant, strategist, writer and coach. He started his HR career with IBM after first reading Modern Languages at Warwick University and becoming ...
Qualifications: MA HRM, FCIPD, Post Graduate Certificate in Executive Coaching Gerry is a highly skilled HR Professional with over 25 years leadership experience coupled with an academic teaching background. She has increasingly specialised in organisational development consultancy and over rece...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.