How to Successfully Execute a Project Plan
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with American Management Association.Full disclaimer.
Are you ready to exceed project expectations and deliver results?
Project management seems so straightforward—if everyone does their part. But changing requirements, competing priorities, and unexpected surprises often delay even the most thought-out project.
Learn how to deliver results no matter what comes up. In less than 3 hours you’ll get techniques to manage change requests and negotiate with stakeholders to prevent delays. Equip yourself with the skills to deliver the expected results on time and on budget.
What You Will Cover
- Track critical information that could make or break the project
- Develop and deliver status reports to your project sponsor
- Manage scope creep requests from stakeholders effectively
- Make your project meetings productive
- Zero in on crucial action items and issues that need to be addressed
- Manage change throughout the project.
Map out your game plan
The demand for project management skills in today’s business environment continues to increase with rapidly evolving, complex infrastructures and expanding global reach. University of Georgia’s Terry College of Business is proud to offer a Project Management course that addresses the often-overlooked leadership and communication skills critical to overseeing a project to completion.
The course material is designed to cater to your work environment, providing templates, skills and knowledge that can be immediately applied to work assignments.
Gain skills and knowledge that can be immediately applied to your work. If you’re planning to take the CAPM or PMP exams, this course provides core information and practice quizzes to help you prepare.
While the concepts, techniques and applications are covered in the first four days, the final and fifth day (optional) is dedicated entirely to passing the CAPM and PMP exams.
This Project Management course provides 35 hours of project management education, meeting the education requirements for both PMI’s Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) ® and Project Management Professional (PMP) certifications. Additionally, the program awards Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon request.
- Project Integration
- Project Initiation
- Stakeholder Management
- Project Costs
- Risk Management
- Project Scope Control & Disaster Recovery
- Supply Chain Management
- Project Closeout
Individual contributors and functional managers who want to increase their expertise and understanding of best practices in project management.
- Learn how to scope a project by developing a work break down structure
- Gain valuable tips on how to manage scope creep
- Define roles and responsibilities
- Create custom techniques for developing a schedule
- Create team consensus and address problem teams
- Evaluate project risks
- Understand the financial implications of project selection and implementation
- Effectively close a project
Who should attend
Whether you are a highly specialized individual contributor or responsible for managing others, you will increase your expertise and understanding of best practices in project management.