Who should attend
- (Level 1) Admin & Support
- (Level 2) Supervisor, Executive, & Emerging Managers
- (Level 3) New Managers
About the course
Learn practical techniques to structure, prepare and phrase your text, use your voice correctly, and identify common speech faults (pronunciation) to enhance your presentation skills and speak with greater confidence.
Benefits to You
• to deliver more powerful presentations and speeches • to prepare presentations that will convince, motivate and win hearts and minds. • the tactics, taboos and techniques!
You will receive a dictionary.
- Planning, Preparing and Writing Your Text for Impactful Presentations / Speeches
- Being succinct, relevant and focused
- Phrasing your text for impactful delivery
- Think better on your feet every time !
- How to Manage Stage Fright Positively and Confidently Everytime
- How to Write it (text) Right, Say it Right, and Sound Right
- Writing memorable soundbites
- Use of euphony to sound good
- Choice and use of words
- Vocal Expression for Outstanding Presentations
- Developing a more melodious speaking voice and vocal tone
- Vocal skills practice – Resonance, projection and articulation
- Voice Production and Clear Speech
- Using your speech and voice organs correctly
- Discover your vocal faults and mispronunciations
- Developing Correct Ways of Using the Voice for Impact
- Breathing and relaxation techniques
- Using resonators and articulators
- Posture and tensions of speech muscles
- Problems in Pronunciation of Standard English
- Phonics and phonetics
- Causes of indistinct speech
- Practical exercises to improve sounds of spoken English
- Individual Speech and Voice Analysis
- Using resonators and breath support for good tonal quality
- Habitual pitch versus natural pitch
- Monotony versus melody
- Knowing the 44 Phonetic Symbols and Speech Sounds for Correct Pronunciation
- Voice Problems and Vocal Fatigue Affecting Presentations and Spoken Communication
Tan Teck Huat has been an instructor in presentation skills and public speaking course since 1976. To date, more than 15,000 participants have attended his 2,000 seminars in Singapore and overseas. He has been a regular voice trainer for teachers (Ministry of Education) from 1996 to 2004. He is...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.