Who should attend
- Individuals responsible for budgeting, managing, or controlling a company’s cash compensation expenses
- Individuals working at a manufacturing plant or warehouse, retail store, shared service center, business unit location, or head office location
- Applicable to any industry or business size
About the course
Though they are often overlooked, pay costs make up 50% or more of many companies’ total fixed and variable costs. Most companies believe they have a good handle on what they pay their employees for, but when they look deeper they may find that they lack a good control of employee activity and have missed improvement opportunities they were not previously aware of. Our 'How to Manage Your Pay Costs and Make Better Investment Decisions' workshop aims to present participants with a definition of pay costs, then teach them how to evaluate spend patterns, assess return on investments, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Become comfortable with the terms used in pay cost and cash compensation management
- Learn to confidently analyze pay cost elements
- Be able to spot patterns in pay cost spend
- Be able to evaluate an organization’s pay cost investment through hands-on analysis
- Understand the impact of pay cost spend decisions on a company’s total variable and fixed costs
- Be able to identify areas for improvement based on relevant data
- Hear real-life examples and gain exposure to actual business practices through interation with instructors and fellow participants
Pay Costs definition and elements
The income statement and pay costs
Approaches to analyzing pay cost spend
Recognizing and interpreting pay cost spend patterns
Evaluating the pay cost investment and assessing its appropriateness
Identifying improvement opportunities
Michael Freire is a seasoned Comp&Ben leader with more than thirty years of Human Resources experience including a decade of HR business partnering in manufacturing. He has worked with both Emerging and Developed Markets in EMEA and the Americas, and for twenty years has been accountable for ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.