Who should attend
Perfectly suited to people with no webinar experience to guide them through the transition to a new learning methodology. And equally as suited to those who are experienced in webinar design and delivery to give them a flavour of the DNA of great webinar’s according to the CIPD Learning team. A hugely active chat window will enable learning across the cohort, and is an example of how being in the learning experience is part of the learning experience. This course is a must for all practitioners who want a practical focus on how to make best use of webinars to transform their learning practice.
About the course
Webinars are a great way of sharing, learning and communicating within any organisation, especially now we’re working more and more within flexible and dispersed workforces. The ability to reach people, to share and to learn effectively at a low cost are important reasons for supporting the use of webinars within the organisation.
This is an intensely practical programme, which offers learning on two levels – the theory of every aspect of webinar delivery and the meta level of understanding of what sits behind the scenes of great webinar design, delivery, and engagement.
This programme is delivered via Webex, however is suitable for supporting any platform as the programme explores how to create engaging and effective learning experiences, including digital body language, use of interactive tools, and a focus on online facilitation skills.
- Ensure a solid understanding of the value of webinar in organisational learning
- How to leverage the value of webinars
- Discuss how to attract delegates to webinar with effective marketing
- Understand the general technical aspects to a webinar (platform agnostic)
- Design principles of purpose, look & feel and experience
- Exploration of creating and reading digital body language
- Build confidence in how to prepare yourself for the roles of webinar delivery
- Build confidence in yourself with tips and techniques of webinar delivery
- Reflective practice and homework activities to build skills
- Assess next steps available post-webinar
This webinar series consists of five webinars:
- Why webinars are essential
- Great Webinars Always Start Before The Live Session
- Design For Maximum Engagement And Impact
- The Practical Stuff During The Webinar
- The End Or Is It?
Participants of this series regular use words such as inspired, engaged, surprised, impressed. Hundreds of people have benefitted from this programme raising their live online game – they never knew webinars could be so interesting. They also never realised webinars are complex and intricate. This programme helps prepare people for fantastic webinar delivery by a step by step approach to building great webinars. The learning is scaffolded over four weeks with pre-thinking video and reflective materials and homework activities to add to the blend. The programme enables people to gain confidence in webinar, from understanding how and why to choose imagery and language, to using webinar tools for engagement and learning. Transform your learning practice live online with #CIPDSuccessfulWebinars
Before you start this course, it’s important that you consider the following questions:
- How do your personal objectives align to the course objectives?
- How will the course objectives enable you to perform better at work?
- What outcomes do you want from this course? (For example - learn new insights, find out the CIPD's view, confirm my thinking, challenge my own point of view, increase effectiveness at work etc.)
Webinar 1: Why webinars are essential
- The imperative for digital skills and working
- Webinar as part organisational learning
- Leveraging the value of webinars
Webinar 2: Great Webinars Always Start Before The Live Session
- Getting people to attend
- Starting well
Webinar 3: Design For Maximum Engagement And Impact
- Designing for purpose
- Look & feel
Webinar 4: The Practical Stuff During The Webinar
- What goes on during the webinar attendees don’t see
- How to maintain engagement
- What to do when it goes wrong
Webinar 5: The End Or Is It?
- On going learning after the webinar ends
- How to continue relationships
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.