Who should attend
Junior managers, supervisors, line managers, team leaders, administrators – anyone who needs to build a network of strong and positive relationships.
About the course
Success in life is never just about what you know. If you are going to make your knowledge, skills and abilities work for you it is desirable to build a wide variety of contacts with whom you can share them in order to build some useful and resilient relationships.
Building those relationships requires a conscious recognition of the strategies and behaviours required.
This event will open up the possibility for you to create a strong and lasting network of useful acquaintances by the use of these strategies and behaviours. Prepare for a challenging, revealing, stimulating and extremely rewarding
## Course Objectives
The specific objectives of this unique experience are to help you:
Begin building your network.
Extend your network.
Strengthen the relationships.
Make the network operate to your benefit.
## Course Outline
Module 1: Nature of Networks
- Identifying types of network
- How networks behave
Expanding Your Networks
- Using your current contacts to gain access
- Identifying areas of mutual interest
- Looking outside your immediate area for opportunities to expand your contact list using the internet
- Other remote methods of attracting networks
Module 2: Joining and Leaving Groups
- Identifying desired groups
- Using current contacts
- Validating your entry into the group
- The power of the volunteer
- Moving on whilst maintaining the relationship
Module 3: Breaking the Ice
- How to create a good impression
- Selecting powerful openings
- Sound and impact
- Creating alliances
- Impact without offence
- Identifying key subject areas
- Use of questioning
- How to prompt a response
Module 4: Finding Common Ground
- Making a similar sound
- Triggering mutual engagement
- Identifying positive, common interests and experiences
- Avoiding the one-upmanship game
Keeping the Conversation Going
- How to bring some energy to the conversation
- Changing pace
- Using stories, asking questions
- Building trust
Module 5: Strengthening the Relationship
- Making it personal
- Building up positive credits
- Building obligation
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.