This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Hospitality in South Africa is an exciting and evolving industry. Disruptive innovations such as the use of digital platforms for managing bookings and reviewing travel destinations and the rise of intermediaries are changing the game. To take advantage of this dynamism, professionals in the sector need a specialised skills set and mindset.
The GSB’s Hospitality Leadership course is the only one of its kind in South Africa that focuses on the leadership and strategic skills needed to thrive in this fast-paced industry. The course is interactive and practice-driven and uses a case-study approach that delivers superior market insight along with practical tools, business acumen and leadership capability to give delegates and their organisations a competitive advantage. This unique course features input from academics, hospitality practitioners and South African policy makers. It also offers an unrivalled opportunity to engage, network with and learn from like-minded professionals and leading personalities in the industry.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Integrate theoretical constructs and market insights and apply these to practical scenarios in the hospitality sector.
- Apply blue ocean strategy and business canvas.
- Make key financial decisions for implementing an effective strategy.
- Construct a strategic and tactical hospitality marketing plan.
- Use a balanced scorecard approach to construct strategic objectives.
- Apply the principles of the experience economy framework to create memorable, compelling and unique hospitality experiences.
- Categorise, prioritise and design ‘moments of truth’ related to a hospitality enterprise.
- Operationalise and link the experience framework to people management, service design, operations streamlining, training initiatives and resource deployment.
- Delineate and explain the hospitality value chain.
- Integrate factors that consider the historical, social and economic development of the South African hospitality sector.
- Develop insight into the dynamic regulatory environment and international expansion challenges affecting hospitality businesses in Africa.
Who should attend
Is this course for me? This is a short leadership course for professionals working across the hospitality value chain and will be of particular value to:
- General managers of hotel groups or boutique hotels
- New managers
Those looking to build a career in the hospitality industry A programme at this level assumes a first degree or diploma and three years’ management or industry experience. Applicants without a tertiary qualification, but with requisite experience, are encouraged to apply and will need a strong motivation from their manager with their application.