This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
The health industry is one of the fastest growing and constantly evolving industries in the world. In Africa, the industry is rapidly changing and also faces many challenges across all the pillars of the health system. Healthcare providers must therefore be able to understand and respond to new dynamics such as how health organizations are managed, advances in medical and information technology, health policy formulation and implementation, increased competition and growing demands for patient-centered care provision. The Hospital Management Program at The Institute of Healthcare Management – Strathmore Business School provides a unique opportunity for healthcare professionals to develop and enhance a set of skills to respond to these emerging dynamics in healthcare delivery.
- The comfort of learning from the participant’s place of choice – Home, office, when travelling etc
- Hospitals benefit from the training in that participants gain knowledge and the facilities do not lose working time through in-house training.
- Less costs are incurred by the participants-Logistics and lodging cost are very minimal
- An executive certificate in Hospital Management from Strathmore University and Neu – Ulm University of Science and Technology, Germany.
- Quality Management
- Health Economics and Commodity Management
- Human resource for Health Management
- Financial accounting and controlling
- Health Information Management
- Leadership, Management and Governance of Hospitals
Each Module has 12 lessons requiring a total of 20 hours. The workload consists of:
- Self Study
- Assignments discussion forum (chat)
- Reading assignments
A seventh module (soft skills) is delivered face-to-face over 2 days.
Who should attend
- Clinical Officers,
- Hospital Administrators (Finance Managers, Human Resource Managers, Planning Managers, Departmental Heads and other administrators)
Strathmore Business School - Institute of Healthcare Management