High Performance Negotiator
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with IESE Business School.Full disclaimer.
Turning Good Negotiators into Great Negotiators
Senior executives need exceptional negotiating skills for the highest-profile decisions and for the daily demands of the workplace. This program looks at a range of issues, from multicultural negotiations, to ethical dilemmas in negotiations, to negotiating in deal-making situations. You will carry out a methodical self-assessment of your negotiating style, identifying your strengths and your potential areas for improvement.
Emerge with the advanced preparation and solid framework to go from a good negotiator to a great one.
- Learn about the principles of negotiation in different business contexts.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the dynamics of the negotiation process and improve your ability to negotiate in collaborative and competitive situations.
- Foster more effective relationships through the ability to analyze counterparts in different cultures and emotional levels.
- Explore the ethical dilemmas you may face in a negotiation process.
- Develop a solid framework to succeed in complex negotiation situations.
- The “High Performance Negotiator” program will tackle the following topics:
- The principles of negotiation: Theory and implementation in different business contexts.
- The negotiation process: How to identify phases and avoid incoherences.
- Cooperative-competitive tension: Benefits of cooperative negotiation, also known as coopetition.
- Understand different negotiation styles and use them to your advantage.
- Benefits of creative and collaborative negotiation.
- Negotiation deadlocks: Learning how to break the blockade.
- Negotiation teams: Implications in the negotiation process.
- Internal negotiation: Avoiding conflict and seeking the common good.
- Multi-party negotiation: How to manage complexity and control the dynamics of negotiation (deals, leveraged buyouts, mergers or acquisitions, among others)
- Addressing cultural differences and preparing to negotiate with counterparts from across the world.
- Understanding how to negotiate in a physical and virtual context – online, on video and face to face.
- Framework for a personal improvement plan.
The “High Performance Negotiator” program makes use of a number of highly dynamic and interactive teaching methods, including role-play, group discussions, class lectures and the case study method. It is designed to enable participants to actively apply their learning to the challenges they face in their own complex negotiations.
Who should attend
The “High Performance Negotiator” program has been designed for professionals whose positions require them to negotiate on a regular basis, such as:
- senior business executives,
- functional managers and counselors,
- managers of family-owned firms,
- public administration officials, and
- responsibles for managing complex national and multinational negotiations.