High Performance Negotiating
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Haskayne School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Negotiating is a daily practice. In business, we need to negotiate deliberately to achieve win-win outcomes. The aim of this program is to develop your capability to build important business relationships and networks and successfully navigate complex situations. This program is designed to learn and practice negotiating techniques over a period of time to embed your new knowledge and skills into daily habits.
During this blended program, you will learn how to critically analyze your position in negotiations and develop appropriate tactics to achieve your desired result. You will develop an awareness of strategies needed to handle difficult situations and avoid personal bias and other common pitfalls that often sabotage negotiations. In addition, you will build your negotiation communication skills and experience in class simulations to practice concepts and understand how different individuals approach the same simulation.
- Develop the strategic mindset to tackle various negotiation scenarios
- Identify and practice effective behaviors for achieving objectives
- Avoid common pitfalls and personal biases that limit effectiveness in negotiating
- Understand others’ positions while creating solid relationships
- Develop effective communication skills to identify and satisfy the needs of both parties
Who should attend
- Executives, managers and high potential leaders from a range of functional areas such as marketing, business development and operations management
- Entrepreneurs, key account managers, lawyers and procurement managers
- Managers leading cross-functional teams
- Landmen and anyone involved in mergers and acquisition activity
- Professionals involved in complex stakeholder relations