Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Daniels College of Business.Full disclaimer.
About the course
The High-Performance Leadership Program (HPL) at the University of Denver’s Daniels College of Business is an intensive experience for individuals with significant leadership responsibilities who are looking to hone their skills in order to take on larger and more critical challenges. In a fast-track format, you’ll experience the best the Daniels has to offer: high-caliber faculty, rigorous and innovative classes and an accomplished peer group.
Drawing from the Daniels Executive MBA, the HPL combines leadership skills and competencies with foundational business topics such as finance, marketing, and strategic decision making. You will gain:
- An awareness of your personal strengths and weaknesses as well as those of your organization.
- A plan to achieve organizational goals through your personal leadership and the ability to inspire, engage and lead others’ performance.
- New methods, tools and best practices in the areas of innovation, strategy and market analysis.
- An increased agility and adaptability to change.
- A strong foundation of business ethics to be prepared for difficult decisions today and in the future
DAY 1 – DU/THE NATURE PLACE
- Class Introduction
- Org Performance
- Change Frameworks
- Personal Leadership—Insights and Emotional Intelligence
DAY 2 – THE NATURE PLACE
- Building High Performance Teams & Feedback
- Outdoor Experiential Feedback & Declarations
DAY 3 – THE NATURE PLACE
- Interpersonal Leadership—Engagement, Performance
- Outdoor Experiential Feedback & Takeaways Return to Denver
DAY 4 – DU
- Understanding Financial Statements: Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow
- Ethical Decision-Making
DAY 5 – DU
- Marketing, Innovation and CRM
- Marketing, Innovation and CRM (continued)
DAY 6 – DU
Finance Part 2: Planning & Analysis, Budgeting
Influence & Negotiation
DAY 7 – DU
DAY 8 – DU
Strategic Thinking/Business Models/Org Designs
DAY 9 – DU
Attracting & Developing Talent
DAY 10 – DU
Program/IDP Debrief & Graduation
Trust the experts
Scott McLagan is a clinical professor in the Management Department at the University of Denver at the Daniels College of Business. He teaches and consults in the areas of leadership, strategic planning and execution, marketing and global business. He is the co-lead for both the Leadership and Glo...
Kerry Plemmons has more than 30 years of entrepreneurial experience with success in launching and running small and medium-sized businesses in the U.S. and Mexico. As an executive with Starbucks, Plemmons opened stores in the western U.S. and Canada, ran several test-market innovations and led op...