Who should attend
- Senior and mid-level managers
- Strategic and business planners
- Consultants interested in increasing successful implementation of strategic planning efforts
About the course
Your organization’s success depends on effective strategic leadership.
This interactive course puts the critical pieces of the strategy puzzle together in a way that increases process understanding and the ability to implement a set of proven analytic and design tools.
Why take this course?
- Learn about the purpose, origins, and alternative approaches to effective strategic planning.
- Learn how to apply the seven core steps of an integrated best-practice strategic plan.
- Learn what conditions are necessary to implement such a plan.
The workshop is divided into the following three segments:
- Strategic context: Examine the purpose and possibilities for strategic planning by considering a range of professional approaches and the rationales that lie behind each of them. A review of the ten most influential strategy models provides a comprehensive starting point.
- Core method: Learn to apply the seven step high impact strategic planning process as a way to effectively manage the strategy process. A set of best practice methods is introduced for each of the seven steps.
- Cutting edge practices: Explore exciting new practices in strategic planning, including business model design and applied dialectical reasoning.
Alex Lowy consults widely as a strategic advisor and educator, helping organizations around the world address major dilemmas in a systematic and effective manner. His clients have included technology firms (HP, IBM), banks (CIBC, BMO) resources companies (Shell) and government (Province of Ontari...
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.