Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Schulich Executive Learning Centre.Full disclaimer.
About the course
This skills-intensive writing workshop is a tremendous career investment – the techniques can be used every day to write powerful client communications, business proposals and strategic briefings.
Learn how to draft whole documents quickly and easily. Understand the psychology behind powerful business writing and quickly focus on your reader’s needs in all documents. Maximize your business impact with new writing techniques, strategies and learn the methods and advanced writing skills and techniques used by professional business writers. Use proven RFP proposal frameworks to beat your competition. Learn a 3-step method to adapt reports into presentations and understand how to write to inform and write to persuade any audience. Improve your speed, confidence and delivery of reports, proposals, emails and writing for the web
Bonus Seminar Benefits
- Receive a 100+ page resource guide to help you implement the ideas and techniques discussed and practised in this seminarReceive a 100+ page resource guide to help you implement the ideas and techniques discussed and practised in this seminar
- Receive a 5-part grammar tune-up workbook
- Learn a 3-step method to quickly convert your written documents into clear multi-media presentations and speakers’ notes
Pre-Seminar Tool and Writing Sample Submission
- Participants benefit by a pre-class writing assessment and questionnaire
- Based on samples from most recent 12-month business communications – with expert review and confidential one-to-one feedback
Where are Your Skills Now – Where Can We Take Them?
- How to organize your writing approach to every document
- The psychology behind powerful business writing
- Clustering and brainstorming techniques
- Increasing your chances of getting your documents read and acted upon
Modern Writing Skills for Executives
- Refocusing to your reader’s needs – the first time!
- Three ‘must know’ tones and techniques writers use
- How to draft whole documents quickly and easily
Design, Craft and Write
- The best time-saving plan for all documents, including writing for the web
- Managing text for clarity, impact and persuasion
- Opening and closing lines that get results
Writing Styles that Appeal to Different Audiences
- Why the rules for letters don’t work for emails
- How to write powerful introductions, executive summaries, point form presentations
- Learn the five essential elements common to every proposal and report
Short and Long Reports that Deliver Your Message
- Comparing report formats that build reader’s interests
- Time saving templates
- How to trim the fat from your reports
Writing Proposals That Surpass The Competition
- Learn RFP processes to get your proposals read and acted upon
- Formats for financial proposals, sales and marketing proposals
Persuasive Writing and Editing Techniques
- Improving your writing’s overall readability; self-editing
- Document structures to best influence your reader and reflect corporate image
- Writing tips for letters, emails and daily communications
Who should attend
This workshop is designed for corporate, public sector and not-for-profit professionals to develop their business writing skills in a skills-focused learning environment. If you frequently prepare client proposals, management reports or business briefings, this program will benefit you.
Trust the experts
Biography Diana Kawarsky specializes in business communications for Schulich’s Executive Education Centre, York University. In addition, she is a facilitator, adult educator, coach and management consultant with Fortune 500 companies throughout North America. Her experience spans nearly 20 years...