Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
About the course
Don’t let the language of finance confuse you any longer! This course will provide you with a broad overview of health care finance and management that will leave you feeling confident about an often misunderstood topic. Plus, your expert instructors will advise you on how to best manage financial resources, reduce costs, and create financial strategies at your organization.
This is a blended learning course that includes a pre- and post-webinar where you can interact with faculty and ask questions.
- Forecast the future of health care delivery methods, health care reimbursement and industry’s response to reform
- Determine an organization’s financial condition with the use of financial statements and analysis tools
- Analyze the relationship between cost and price in health care organizations
- Utilize financial statements, costs and price setting to create a strategic plan (benchmarking and budgeting) for a health care business
- Manage and deploy an organization’s financial resources
- Plan for an organization’s financial future by studying key business drivers, shifting reimbursement, physician alignment, population health management and business intelligence
Method of Participation
To complete this program successfully and claim credit, participants must follow these steps:
- Read the educational objectives provided on the course summary page.
- Attend the sessions or watch all the video lectures for this course (if applicable).
- Read any course materials and complete any required activities.
- Complete the course evaluation and post-test via your dashboard on the Association website. Successful completion of a given activity's post-test requires a minimum 75% passing score prior to claiming CME credit, with three attempts allowed.
- CME certificates will be available for printing after claiming CME credit.
- Estimated time for course completion is equivalent to the CME credit hours.
As Director, Partner Relationships and Chief Partnership Executive at HFMA, Todd is responsible for developing and overseeing HFMA's partnership strategy with academic institutions, associations, and industry partners. Todd develops collaborative relationships across all sectors of the industry, ...
As HFMA's Director of Healthcare Finance Policy, Operational Initiatives, Chuck is responsible for creating content and providing expertise on a broad array of healthcare finance topics, particularly areas of great relevance to senior financial executives. He champions the collaboration, communic...
Chad is HFMA's Director, Healthcare Finance Policy, Perspectives & Analysis. Based in Washington, DC, he is responsible for analyzing the implications of legislative and regulatory developments on healthcare providers and is also a contributor to HFMA's Value Project research. Chad has extens...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.