Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
About the course
The hedge fund industry is still a huge part of the asset management industry - but updated knowledge is required. Without this, a significant bottleneck to more progressive allocations to hedge funds by more mainline investment institutions remains.
Attend this two-day course and equip yourself with:
- The skills to demystify the increasing complexity of strategies adopted
- An understanding of the risk characteristics and structure of hedge funds; lessons learned from market corrections
- The advantages and disadvantages of investing in hedge funds and liquid alternatives
- A clear understanding of the different hedge fund strategies, the regulation of hedge funds and the legal issues
- The latest developments in the hedge fund and liquid alternative industry
How You Will Learn
Case studies and exercises reinforce all that you learn
Case studies include: Dissect a long short fund trading style, leverage, concentration and securities selection process; Analyse the recent developments in markets and the impact they will have on the hedge fund industry
Exercises include: Working through examples of hedge fund styles and explaining their use in performance and diversification
- Why Hedge Funds?
- Structure and Service Providers
- The Hedge Fund Investor Base and its Ongoing Evolution
- Introducing Hedge Fund Strategies
- Directional and Hedged Equity Strategies
- Fixed Interest Hedge Funds
- Arbitrage Styles
- Derivative Based Hedge Fund Trading
- Fund of Hedge Funds, Managed Accounts, or Hedge Fund Portfolios
- The Hedge Fund Manager Selection Process
- Understanding Risk in Hedge Funds
- Getting a Handle on Operational Risk
Case Studies and Exercises
- Dissecting a Long Short Fund
- Hedge Fund Styles
- Performance & Diversification
- The Benefits of Hindsight
John E. Dunn, III, BA, MA, MA, is an international Institutional Investment Advisor living and working in Geneva, Switzerland. Having begun his career in the international investment banking and asset management field in the early 1980s, he worked in a variety of world class banks including Nomur...
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.