Healthcare Risk Management Certificate Program
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The Florida International University College of Business.Full disclaimer.
The Office of Executive and Professional Education at FIU offers a Healthcare Risk Management Certificate Program. This certificate program is designed for individuals who are looking to acquire knowledge in the area of healthcare risk management.
Participants will receive specialized training to work proficiently in settings such as, hospitals, outpatient and surgical centers, long term care facilities, healthcare agencies, and private healthcare organizations. Course topics include: Adverse Incident Reporting, HIPAA, Federal and State Law and Regulations, Information Technology, Claims Management, Risk Reduction, Enterprise Risk Management and more.
This program is a total of 120 hours and is organized into 4 modules with a series of lessons which include assigned reading, class discussions, practice tools, and tests. Upon completion of the program, participants will receive an FIU Certificate of Completion.
Key topics covered
- Risk Management Processes
- Health Care Risk Prevention, Control & Reduction Techniques
- State Risk Management Program Requirements for Hospitals, Nursing Homes, HMO's and Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Health Care Compliance Programs on Fraud and Abuse
- Medical Errors and Adverse Occurrences-State and Accreditation Reporting (The Joint Commission /AHCA)
- Contracts and Legal Liability Exposures
- Claims Management
- Investigatory Techniques
Who should attend
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
- Medical Doctors (MDs)
- Health Information Managers (RHIA, RHIT)
- Respiratory Therapists (RRTs)
- Radiologic Technologists
- Administrators of Healthcare Organizations
- Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs)