Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with University of Chicago.Full disclaimer.
As one of the world’s fastest-growing interdisciplinary fields, the demand for knowledgeable and experienced staff and faculty in healthcare informatics has far outpaced the number of available trainees.
According to research, the field is expected to grow at twice the rate of employment overall in the upcoming years.
This eight-week online course draws on the resources of esteemed faculty and the University of Chicago’s programs in genomic research, translational medicine, and computation. It is designed to give those contemplating a move into healthcare informatics an in-depth overview of the field’s key topics as well as a chance to pursue particular areas of interest.
As part of the course, students will explore how biomedical information systems are created and managed, while also learning about career strategies for how best to achieve their goals within the field.
What will set you apart
This online short course in healthcare informatics will empower you to:
- Understand the scope and history of this broad interdisciplinary field while assessing future directions for growth and current job opportunities
- Identify how health information technology (HIT) can be implemented and used to create positive change through understanding the current healthcare landscape in the United States
- Gain up-to-date knowledge of electronic medical records (EMRs) and their requirements of integration and interoperability, while familiarizing yourself with issues of meaningful use and other governmental regulations
- Make quality assessments and implement change through an overview of healthcare delivery, implementation science, and clinical workflow analysis and redesign
- Become familiar with the trend of mobile health technology and its application in telemedicine and wearables
- Understand key topics in health information management, including security, privacy, and confidentiality of patient data, as well as mandatory policies regarding data handling and reporting
Receive a holistic overview of the field of healthcare informatics, including emerging and innovative topics, as you follow your learning path through the following modules:
- Orientation module Welcome to your Online Campus
- Course Module 1 Introduction to biomedical informatics
- Course Module 2 The US healthcare system
- Course Module 3 Clinical informatics
- Course Module 4 Personalized medicine
- Course Module 5 Research, ethics and policy
- Course Module 6 Mobile health and telemedicine
- Course Module 7 Managing projects, quality, and operations
- Course Module 8 Innovation and entrepreneurship