Health Care Project Management: the Intersection of Strategy, People, and Process
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.Full disclaimer.
Improve your Operational Effectiveness with Health Care Project Management Skills
In health care, clinical and administrative staff with no formal training in project management often end up leading project teams. These individuals may be subject matter experts, but likely have only a passing knowledge of the science of improvement. To move from ideas to results, these project leaders need formal training in project management.
Health Care Project Management provides the training health care professionals need to improve the quality of care at their organization through projects delivered on time and within budget.
This course equips you with both the tools and strategies to effectively manage projects in any health care organization. In just a few days, participants will greatly improve their ability to provide focused and strategic leadership to their current and future projects.
The program uses experiential activities and case studies to weave together the topics of project management, creating and managing teams, delegation, motivation, conflict resolution, and negotiation to generate maximum results.
This is the course to take to master the “people side” of project management.
- Gain experience with the steps involved in the project management process and adapt the stages to address the nuances within a variety of health care settings
- Use case study exploration to examine how project management techniques can be leveraged as process improvement tools
- Learn and practice strategies to navigate the interpersonal dynamics that emerge between and among the roles of clinical and administrative leaders/staff with specific focus on managing conflict and successful negotiation as it pertains to the project management arena
- Identify and examine methods that maximize communication among audiences with a stake in project outcomes
Who should attend
Health Care Project Management is designed for both clinical and non-clinical leaders in health care organizations who are tasked with managing projects and project teams.
Participants from all levels in health care organizations from around the world who would benefit from a formal approach to project management are encouraged to attend. This program focuses on the hard and soft skills needed for effective project management and is therefore most appropriate for those in roles directly involved in managing projects and project teams.
Ideal participants include:
- Department chairs
- Division chiefs
- Directors of engagement
- Directors of patient experience
- Managers and directors of hospital operations
- Managers and directors of patient safety
- Managers and directors of quality risk
- Nurses and nurse leaders
- Physicians and physician leaders
- No prior project management training is required to take part in Health Care Project Management.