This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
With today’s connected world, organisations benefit from leveraging on cross-functional teams located across multiple countries, regions and sites, including members working from home, to support projects in a seamless way. This poses challenges for project managers in managing cross‐cultural, virtual teams. This program introduces a new team model to increase company efficiency, focusing on multi-cultural management and effective virtual team communication.
Benefits to You
*BUSINESS OUTCOMES : *
The ability to communicate effectively and handle the diversity of virtual teams make a huge difference in the outcome of projects which have become more complex, often requiring cross functional teams to collaborate seamlessly to be successful. Mastering the skill and competency to manage in a virtual environment is crucial in achieving better business performance for organisations of the future.
LEARNING OUTCOMES :
Understand what is different when working with virtual teams
Build and maintain trust in virtual teams
Lead and facilitate virtual communications
Manage performance and assessment of virtual teams
Coach in a virtual environment
Facilitate successful and productive virtual meetings
- Characteristics, advantages, challenges and how to collaborate
Building virtual teams and trust
- Assessing suitable members, defining clear roles and responsibilities, managing conflicts and communication
Establishing operation guidelines
- The major categories, building an effective team committee and information structure, decision making and risks
Leveraging on communication technologies
- Technologies and tools for virtual teams, how to make intercultural communication effective
Leading virtual teams
- Managing cultural diversity, building high performance, criteria for performance assessment and setting KPIs for results
Who should attend
(Level 4) Managers
(Level 5) Senior Managers & Directors
Experienced project managers and team leaders who work with virtual teams
Trust the experts
Dr. Sherman Ong is a Strengths Evangelist. His personal mission statement is Live Best; Leave Best! In the last 30 years, he has worked in three industry sectors, namely, Manufacturing (Aerospace and Defense), Information and Communication Technology, and Healthcare Industry Sector. From 1983, he...