Who should attend
This program is designed for non-data scientists in strategic leadership roles who are called upon to make complex, cross-organizational decisions and want to develop a better understanding of how analytics can have a positive impact on their business results, and engage more productively with data scientists in their organization.
About the course
In this program, you will develop a financial services industry-specific understanding of how applying analytic techniques to company data. Using an actual data set, you will engage in analytics activities designed to give you first-hand knowledge.
- Examine how data and analytics can uncover new opportunities to drive organizational success
- Enhance your strategic decision-making abilities by understanding how to leverage and interpret data.
- Maximize your understanding of what analytics can and can’t do in order to maximize its impact and avoid unproductive analysis.
- Learn how to communicate more effectively with data scientists and their teams by becoming fluent in the language of analytics.
- “Demystifying” Data: Understanding the Data Landscape
- Financial Services Industry Applications and Assumptions
- Speaking the Language of Analytics
- Data Accessibility
- Importance of Evaluating Data Quality and Integrity
- Data Exploration & Visualization
- Data Stewardship and Ownership
- Partnering With Your Analytics Team
- Interpreting Results and Informing Decisions
- Using Data Strategically (beyond analyzing it and the topics in prior section)
- Using Data Ethically
- Developing a Culture of Data-Driven Analytics
Jennifer Eigo teaches in the Operations and Information Management department at the University of Connecticut’s School of Business where she has been commended by the Provost for teaching excellence. Her focus on experiential learning is seen both in the classroom and beyond. In her role as Ass...
John Wilson, FLMI, AIRC, ACS is a Data Scientist and Project Coordinator for LIMRA. Prior to joining LIMRA, he enjoyed a 20+ year career in retail. He received his Bachelors Degree in Political Science from Central Connecticut State University and a Masters Degree in Business Analytics and Proj...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.