Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ILR School.Full disclaimer.
About the course
For employers, prevention is the key to avoiding illegal harassment on the job, including sexual, racial, religious, ethnic, age, disability, and other types of harassment. This interactive, one-day workshop examines the legal and policy concerns related to this complex workplace issue. You will review and explore:
- Inappropriate behavior that leads to harassment
- Laws, agency interpretations, and court cases
- Strategies for preventing harassment
- Harassment at the individual, group, interpersonal, and organizational level
- How to detect and resolve problem situations to avoid complaints and lawsuits
- Options for devising preventive education and training
What is unlawful harassment?
- The scope and range of inappropriate conduct
- Contrasting social with workplace behaviors
- Achieving mutual respect in the workplace
- Current federal, state, and local legal issues
- Current EEOC guidelines
- Understanding Supreme Court cases: Oncale, Ellerth, and Faragher
- The difference between sexual harassment and other types of illegal harassment
Employer responsibilities and employee rights
- Aligning policies to your organization's mission
- Defining roles and responsibilities of managers
- Developing procedures that will work
- Collaborating with legal staff and supporting managers
- Overview of conducting investigations
- Individual strategies for resolving conflict
- Taking appropriate action
- Avoiding retaliation
Who should attend
HR, EEO, and AA professionals and specialists responsible for harassment prevention and training; persons accused of harassment; all employees
Trust the experts
Overview Susan Brecher, currently the Director of HR Dispute Management and Resolution Certificate and Curriculum/Training Design is an employment practices attorney and expert in training and curriculum design for both online and classroom based workshops. She has broad experience in advising,...
Employment Lawyer and Employee Relations professional, who helps businesses and individuals to identify and resolve workplace issues before they result in litigation. Legal advice, provided through an employee relations lens, offers individualized solutions for clients in the four key areas of: D...