Growth Through Innovation
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Vlerick Business School Executive Education.Full disclaimer.
Disruption is becoming the new normal, and the pace of change increases every day. So how can you stay competitive? The answer is that companies have to create, innovate and roll out new business ideas at a rapid pace. But how do you manage this process to maintain and improve your current business performance over the long term?
This programme gives you the tools you need to design, change, manage, and implement effective innovation processes. Next to that, you will learn how to embed a culture of innovation within your organisation and how you find a common ground when collaborating across organisational areas and firms.
WHY THIS PROGRAMME?
What is the added value of following the 'Growth through Innovation' programme?
- Identify the dynamics that lead to transformation & disruption.
- Determine how you can respond to the transformations within (& outside) your industry.
- Formulate your own inspiring vision on Innovation − whether you are in a science-, technology-, or service-based industry.
- Create your action plan for optimising and transforming your core business.
- Develop intrapreneurial processes to capture disruptive ideas outside your core business.
- Find the right balance between company-internal and external or open innovation.
- Discover what it takes in terms of mind-set and capabilities to become an innovation leader.
The programme 'Growth through Innovation' comprises 3 modules:
Module 1: Developing your vision on Innovation
- Why do we innovate?
- The world and the business environment are changing fast − what’s the impact of living in times of exponential change?
- How can you make your company / product / service more relevant in this rapidly shifting landscape?
- Which dynamics lead to disruption?
- How can you respond to the transformation of your industry?
- Different types of companies need different approaches:
- Science-based engines: choosing, and persisting in, investment-intensive innovation paths
- Technology-based engines: making creative combinations work
- Service-based engines: customer asset data mining
- Innovation strategy simulation
Module 2: Implementing Innovation Strategy
- How can design-thinking help you optimise & transform your core business?
- Which intrapreneurial processes can you set up to capture disruptive ideas outside your core business?
- What can you learn from outside-in innovation?
- Understand the use and practice of hackathons, incubators & accelerators, innovation boot camps, and corporate venturing.
- How to lead and benefit from your innovation eco-system?
- Where to allocate your innovation budget, and how to measure innovation strategy performance?
- How do you manage the ‘speedy back-end’ and ‘fuzzy front-end’ of your innovation process?
- Which methodology will improve the success rate of new product development?
- Business case: Janssen Pharmaceutica and Proximus spin-offs
Module 3: Innovation Strategy Performance
- Embedding a culture of innovation: how to instil the willingness and ability of your business to become an innovation leader in your field?
- Which leadership approach does intrapreneurship require?
- How to lead and inspire your innovation eco-system?
Who should attend
- R&D, Innovation, Business Unit and Business Development, both manager and director level
- CEOs and owner-managers of medium- to large-size companies
- Heads of Engineering
- Both manager and director level