Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This program is designed for HR executives and leaders, department heads and rising leaders in their organization who seek new ways to maximize and motivate their employees in the mid-range and above in the company
About the course
This course is designed to help you focus on talent management and why it matters. Learn how you can become a more impactful manager, improving your team’s performance by developing coaching, and creating meaning for your employees. When leaders develop their talent they build stronger teams which also leads directly to customer and investor confidence, greater market share and increased profits. Draw out the best your people have to offer, and develop the skills and leadership qualities your team needs to succeed.
What sets this program apart:
Experience live, weekly interactive sessions with Professor Dave Ulrich, renowned Michigan Ross faculty expert in the field of Management and Human Resources.
Evidence-based research validated by real-world data and results
Highly personalized learning experience created by live, online events, based upon your own data and assessment results. Our Ross faculty collate and analyze the coursework to create personalized discussion each week
Michigan Ross Executive Education was recently named a Top 5 global provider by the Financial Times. Learn frameworks taught and developed by our own Michigan Ross Executive Education Faculty.
This three-week online course features weekly live, interactive sessions with MI Ross Professor Dave Ulrich. Each module consists of one daily half-hour lesson for the first four days, while the fifth day is followed by a weekly live capstone virtual event with Professor Ulrich.
Week 1: Why talent matters
Learn how Leaders: Manage Talent, Coach, and Communicate
Why Leaders Invest in Future Leaders
Review - Why Talent Matters
Week 2: Defining expectations
Assess How People are Doing
Build an Individual Development Plan
Review - Defining Expectations
Week #3: Investing in talent
Developing My People T
raining/Work Experience/Non-Work Experience
The Path Forward
Review - Investing in Talent
- Daily online coursework will take approximately 30 minute
- Group meeting runs approximately 30-60 minutes at the close of each week's session
- The live, interactive sessions with Professor Ulrich will be scheduled in advance. Sessions will also be recorded for availability at your convenience
- Each module consists of one daily half-hour lesson for the first four days
- The fifth day is followed by a weekly live capstone virtual event with Professor Ulrich
- Enjoy live weekly engagement with renowned Michigan Ross HR Guru, Professor Dave Ulrich
- Evaluate current personal practices in talent management, coaching, and communication; and build and implement individual development plans
- Understand the importance and market value attached to talent management
- Explore how to appropriately set expectations with your employees, and how to understand their needs and expectations
Research Dave Ulrich is a Professor of Business at the University of Michigan and a partner at the RBL Group, a consulting firm focused on helping organizations and leaders deliver value. He studies how organizations build capabilities of speed, learning, collaboration, accountability, talent,...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.