Texas LBJ School
Green Book for Internal Controls Workshop
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Texas LBJ School.Full disclaimer.
About the course
How do you make sure bad things don’t happen? Controls! In this workshop, learn how to define risks and apply controls to mitigate the risks – without creating a burdensome bureaucracy.
The 2013 version of the COSO model will guide our work. We will work through a case study relevant to the participants.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define business risks;
- Mitigate risks with controls;
- Choose and strengthen key controls;
- Document controls to satisfy regulators and auditors;
- Distinguish between preventative, corrective, and detective controls;
- Describe the COSO model and how to use it; and,
- Identify and lean critical processes using Lean/Six Sigma tools.
Who should attend
Government professionals responsible for managing and auditing government programs and operations.
Trust the experts
Leita Hart-Fanta makes auditing fun and easy. She converts the complex topics of auditing standards, internal controls, risk assessment, and report writing into information that professionals can absorb and use.Leita is an experienced facilitator, having led over 900 full or multi-day seminars. ...