Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
Government professionals responsible for managing and auditing government programs and operations.
About the course
How do you make sure bad things don’t happen? Controls! In this workshop, learn how to define risks and apply controls to mitigate the risks – without creating a burdensome bureaucracy.
The 2013 version of the COSO model will guide our work. We will work through a case study relevant to the participants.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define inherent risks of chosen activities;
- Mitigate risks with layers of controls;
- Identify and strengthen key controls;
- Document controls to satisfy regulators and auditors;
- Distinguish between preventative, corrective, and detective controls;
- Describe the COSO model and the Green Book and how to use them; and,
- Recognize excessive and unnecessary controls that consume resources and slow decision making.
Leita Hart-Fanta makes auditing fun and easy. She converts the complex topics of auditing standards, internal controls, risk assessment, and report writing into information that professionals can absorb and use.Leita is an experienced facilitator, having led over 900 full or multi-day seminars. ...