Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Colorado State University-Global Campus.Full disclaimer.
About the course
The Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security* from CSU-Global is a stand-alone, transcribable, nationally recognized certificate. This accelerated program is designed for people who believe that organizations and individuals have a right to keep their digital information secure in today’s global infrastructure.
With this certificate, you can become the digital protection people and businesses seek out to keep their sensitive information out of the wrong hands. Within the program you’ll gain the advanced knowledge and skills you need to secure data and protect assets.
- This certificate is eligible for Title IV financial aid.
Our Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security prepares students to enter the large, lucrative, and rapidly growing field in a variety of job titles. Possible careers in cyber security include:
- Information security analyst - develop and implement cyber security measures to protect computer system networks.
- Network architect - design and build local area networks (L ANs), wide area networks (WANs), and intranets.
- Computer support specialist - provide service and assistance to network users and equipment.
- Database administrator - store, organize, and secure sensitive data using specialized software.
- Web developer - build and publish optimized websites, improving their performance, security, and capacity.
Regardless of the specific role that you enter, as a cyber security certificate holder, you’re in one of the fastest-growing fields through 2024. Not only will you be able to find a variety of careers that fit your skills set, you’ll also be able to move up quickly as you build on your Graduate Certificate of Cyber Security.
The average annual income for cyber security professionals is $90,120 or almost $45 per hour according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. With the importance of cyber security in our technology-dependent world, you’ll always be in demand.
The Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security provides advanced knowledge for the practical application of security data and protecting digital assets.
IT professionals will learn to mitigate malicious cyber activities through the implementation of security solutions within local and enterprise infrastructures by focusing on topics such as...
- Security management.
- Risk and vulnerability controls.
- Data encryption.
- Cybercrime combat.
- Potential threat recognition.
- Evaluate internal and external threats and vulnerabilities to data assets in the enterprise and provide recommendations to mitigate or eliminate areas of weakness.
- Compare and contrast the concepts of security and privacy and explain how the imperatives for each may complement or interfere with with the imperative for the other.
- Describe and analyze the implications of major emerging technology trends, issues, and threats to the security and privacy of networks and information.
- Analyze possible threats to organizational data and recommend course(s) of action to mitigate cybercrime attacks.
- Analyze a network for vulnerabilities to common cyber‐based attacks.
STAYING AHEAD OF CYBER CRIME (5MIN)