Government and the External Environment
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Alberta School of Business.Full disclaimer.
You will gain an awareness of the major economic and political issues facing the public service in Alberta. You will be encouraged to work towards predictions of the major challenges and opportunities facing Alberta and the Alberta government in the future. You will be able to utilize the material covered in the course in the context of your own work environment.
- The opportunities and challenges facing government in Alberta
- The role of government regulation and incentives in free market economies
- Can government improve productivity and competitiveness?
- The role of government in dealing with major economic events, such as the financial crisis of 2008
- Government and business interactions: how should government respond to lobbying?
- The role of pressure groups and the mass media in Alberta and Canada
- How the changing global economy will affect Alberta
- Technological change – an opportunity or threat