Going Beyond Compliance: Understanding Gender Difference in the Workplace
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Rady School of Management.Full disclaimer.
Despite nearly 40 years of affirmative action laws, codes of conduct, and diversity and sexual harassment training, few companies address the underlying societal structures that impede gender balance and diversity in the workplace. This course seeks to create a deeper understanding of gender difference to create an environment where men and women work productively, building an economic business case for gender diversity in the workplace. This course looks at the societal and biological differences between men and women that determine how we make decisions, solve problems, manage emotions, work in teams, and how we view the world. Ignoring gender diversity can actually inhibit the potential, and the bottom line, of any business.
- Gain awareness of the history of gender difference in society
- Exploring biological differences
- Gain insight into how men and women process tasks
- Understand transgender and gender non binary team members
- Developing a work environment that encourages difference
- Create a culture of diversity to foster and lure top talent
- Go beyond sexual harassment compliance and understand why
- Develop a language of understanding
- Tap into the top potential of every person in your workforce