Who should attend
GSL is for emerging leaders who are within three reporting relationships of the COO or chief global supply chain officer in their organizations. We invite applicants from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds.
Candidates must be nominated by their management with a commitment to the extensive course of study. Tuition is spread across the duration of the program to ease budgeting (covers 2-3 fiscal cycles).
Organizations that tend to realize the most value from Caltech's executive programs operate in technologically intense business sectors, such as electronics, biopharma and medical devices, aerospace and defense, manufacturing and machinery, energy, and transportation.
Caltech's GSL is a catalyst to ignite your career. Many senior leaders who have attended our next-generation programs have been promoted midway through their sessions.
About the course
During this unprecedented time where COVID-19 is disrupting everything around us, its important to remember that this, too, will pass. Alan Dunn, the Chair for Caltech CTME's Next-Generation Supply Chain Programs, offers some perspective on how operations teams will need to lead the recovery for society and the economy.
New for a post-COVID world, Caltech's Next-Generation Global Supply Chain Leadership Program Online is a redesigned 18-month learning experience that sharpens your leadership capabilities needed to thrive in today’s turbulent world. We kept the best parts of our international supply chain tours and treks to manufacturers in Germany, Brazil, China, South Africa, and Australia. Only now, the tours are online and complement our new blend of live and on-demand learning.
GSL enrollment is selective: Only 20 emerging, high-potential leaders will be accepted. The result is an immersive learning experience with a diverse cohort and a global network of trusted peers.
Based in a world-renowned hub for investigation and education, Caltech's Center for Technology and Management Education has a unique role to play in applying the mindset of scientists and engineers to today's supply chain challenges. We fuse technical expertise with practical industry know-how to create extraordinary learning experiences, preparing you to live up to the highest expectations. This leadership development program can be pivotal to your career and will help drive the success of your sponsoring organization.
Program Highlights & Benefits
In GSL, you will cover over 120 hours of live and asynchronous learning. You will dive deeply into technical, interpersonal, leadership, and strategic issues in supply chain and engineering. The part-time nature of the program allows you to continue to excel in your existing career, while at the same time, preparing for that next level.
- Strengthen your capabilities and style in preparation to lead tomorrow's operationally intense organization
- Cultivate empathic leadership traits that help you communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Craft the future of your organization by applying techniques for innovation and execution of competitive supply chain strategies
- Build a genuinely international perspective by participating in the around-the-world itinerary of this unique program
- Make better decisions across the supply chain with new insight into the economic realities of your organization
- Articulate a broad understanding of all aspects of the supply chain and its supporting network
- Create greater shareholder value
- Spark new mindsets necessary for critical thinking, inclusion, and systems thinking
- Improve your ability to influence in matters where you may not be the authority
The Caltech Global Experience Goes Online
Supply Chain leaders who execute in a global arena value the unique aspect of this program: being a globally-minded operator. The expectations and virtual tour visits with leaders in Berlin, Zhangzhao, Sao Paulo, Cape Town, and Sydney, as well as Caltech in Southern California, prepare you to lead with an international mindset.
Through live+virtual on-location classroom sessions, you will build a rewarding personal network with peers in your cohort, as well as gain insight into essential topics, such as:
- foundational competencies,
- leadership and international culture,
- organizational and network design,
- critical support functions,
- advanced concepts, and
- operational simulations.
Alan G. Dunn is a management expert whose clientele has included some of the world’s most recognizable brands, Fortune 100 companies across a variety of business sectors, and departments of the U.S. government. With 40 years of experience, he has established a reputation as a leader in his field,...
Videos and materials
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.