Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
Foundation Courses are ideal for individuals looking for the latest global updates in a certain business focus, or just need a refresher course on a topic of interest to enhance professional development.
About the course
Learn to think strategically, from a leadership perspective, about undertaking new global initiatives. Examine the strategic planning process and explore the decision-making process that supports the questions of whether, and how, to enter or expand into the global marketplace. You also will consider structural alternatives for a global organization and how to lead a global transition.
- Describe the strategic planning process and how it supports global initiatives.
- Understand the key drivers of globalization.
- Identify potential benefits and risks associated with entering the global marketplace.
- Describe structural alternatives for a global organization.
- Define the benefits and shortcomings of alliances as a strategic globalization initiative.
- Explain the role of government in industry globalization initiatives.
- Determine how to plan to lead the transition to become a global organization.
- Explain the effects of organizational culture on strategic planning.
- Create an action plan to enhance global strategic planning performance.