Global Strategy and Leadership
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Darden School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Darden and the Indian School of Business (ISB) have partnered to provide a comprehensive new strategic leadership program for senior executives who need to be able to drive growth, innovation and success in a global marketplace. The completed program is delivered in two phases - a five-day course at ISB in Hyderabad, India and a second five-day course at Darden in Charlottesville, Virginia, U.S.A. The program cost is INR 6,00,000 plus tax. Please check the exchange rate before you register to confirm the final cost of the program in U.S. currency.
At a Glance
The Global Strategy and Leadership program is designed to give top and senior executives a sense of purpose, a leadership and strategic perspective on their businesses. The program will focus on leading strategically in today's environment of rapid change, new possibilities and growing globalization. Special emphasis will be placed on creating a sustained winning edge using values, shared vision and purpose as a business advantage. It will focus equally on becoming an effective strategic leader and developing breakthrough competitive, sustainable response for ones organization.
Darden and the Indian School of Business (ISB) have partnered to deliver this comprehensive program in two phases:
Phase I - Global Strategy course at ISB in Hyderabad, India
Phase II - Purpose Driven Leadership: Engaging Stakeholders course at Darden in Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
The complete program includes both phases, included in the cost.
This joint program features several interactive and experiential elements, including:
- Phase I: Global Strategy five-day program at ISB
- Phase II: Purpose Driven Leadership: Engaging Stakeholders five-day short course at Darden
- Joint Certificate of successful GSLP completion for participants
- One-on-One Executive Coaching
- Theater-Based Experiential Learning
- Personal Plan for Leadership Advancement
- Case Studies and Research
Phase I will focus on the importance of strategy in growing a business and succeeding in a global economy. Primary topics to be discussed include:
- Macroeconomic Factors Impacting Strategy - Analyze how the macroeconomic environment impacts corporate decision making and moderates strategic perspectives for top management.
- Strategic Thinking and Analysis in a Global Context - As new markets expand and globalization increases, the business environment is constantly changing and it is imperative for organizations to think globally and have long term strategic orientations that are aligned with tactical objectives to run successful businesses.
- Strategy Formulation, Evolution and Execution - Timely evolution of strategy and effective execution is often the 'missing link' between having a good strategy and exhibiting good performance. This topic area focuses on the process view of strategy, from formulation to evolution to implementation.
Phase II of the program will help participants reignite their sense of purpose as leaders. Through a theater exercise, participants learn to inspire confidence and commitment to a shared vision. The program helps leaders explore in-depth how to create a positive environment, transcend daily urgencies to clarify long-term vision, better motivate others through influence and inspiration, lead by example and actively engage direct reports. The topics that will be covered include:
- Authority and Innovation - Helping People Do the Right Thing
- Identifying Personal and Organizational Opportunities
- Integrating Personal and Organizational Visions
- Strategy and Leadership: What Are They and Where Do They Come From?
- Theories Around Emergent Strategy and Leadership
- Aspirations and Opportunities
- The Importance of Purpose and Values
- Ways Leaders Lead Leader
This is a unique opportunity for participants to attend programs at two of the top global schools - the Darden School of Business and the Indian School of Business - to share strategic perspectives from one another's firms as well as with international peers and participants. Key takeaways from this joint course include:
- Learning to lead with a set of core values and convictions
- Becoming familiar with research based, global frameworks that will contribute to strategy formulation and implementation
- Exploring concepts and skills associated with successful business endurance, evaluating business models and new opportunities
- Creating a positive environment and inspiring direction for all stakeholders
- Developing a leadership style personalized to your strengths
Who should attend
Top and senior executives involved in development of business strategy such as CEOs and heads of enterprises, business units, functions and strategic planning. It is meant for leaders who want to move from controlling daily activities to creating new opportunities, especially encouraging independence and creativity within their organizations.