Global Startup Program
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Singularity University.Full disclaimer.
Meet the New GSP
The GSP has been SU’s flagship program since 2008, and it occupies an important place in our history. The program has served innovators from a wide diversity of backgrounds like Muhammad Yunus, Anousheh Ansari, Astro Teller, Naveen Jain, Sylvia Earle, Esteban Bullrich, Peter Worden, and delegations from UNICEF and World Food Programme amongst others, and has catapulted many moonshot ideas to help positively transform the future of humanity. GSP has generated more than 1,000 impact innovations from over 45 countries. And, eighty-eight percent of the GSP startups that become portfolio companies continue to raise funds following their year with SU.
Based on this successful track record and the increased demand for this program, we were inspired to reimagine GSP to make it significantly more impactful for SU’s next ten years. As a result, we came up with a more hands-on, scalable, and global program that will turn radical ideas into real impact.
The Global Startup Program brings together entrepreneurs from around the world for structured, immersive workshops and intensive fieldwork in multiple locations around the globe, as well as continued access to support and resources via a best-in-class connectivity platform.
We’ll start by helping you cultivate a new mindset and toolset to overcome the challenges of technological disruption. Next, we’ll work with you to accelerate your time to product-market fit, transform your startup from an idea to a venture that can help a billion people (“billion-scale”), and connect you with a global community to catalyze results. In short, GSP is designed to help you create a 10x startup at a global level.
Who should attend
The GSP is for startups aligned with global grand challenges (GGCs) that want to 10x their current startup and scale it globally. We’re looking for startups that have experience with exponential technology, some level of demonstrated market traction, and an eagerness to radically level-up their business. Cohorts include founders from different countries, backgrounds, ages, ethnicities, and cultures, and you’ll find gender diversity in cohorts representing more than 40 countries.
Specifically, here are the attributes of an ideal startup for GSP:
- SU mission alignment: You have a startup in one of the global grand challenge spaces.
- Team: Your startup has at least two full-time co-founders.
- Experience: You have expertise in an exponential technology and/or a key GGC space.
- Time: Your venture is a fully formed entity.
- Traction: You have demonstrated market traction (LOIs, purchase orders, validated trials, sales, etc.).
- Eagerness to learn: You’re looking for a substantial shift in mindset and skill set, and are eager to globalize your startup and 10x your impact.
- Location: Anywhere!
- Availability: You’re available to travel to a global location like Copenhagen for the Activate (four weeks) phase, and the SU campus in Mountain View for the Accelerate (four weeks) phase.