Who should attend
This program is designed for Senior Managers and Directors. Participants are typically members of the management committee, vicepresidents, managing directors, unit directors or country managers. They bring over 15 years of experience in senior management.
About the course
Combining the strengths of two of the world’s top schools, the GSMP takes participants beyond traditional programs based on absorbing models and knowledge. We have designed an experience-based program which challenges senior managers to upgrade their own management style, their approach to globalization and their organization’s core.
- Build on the collective knowledge of top level partcipants and world-class professors
- Develop a strategic vision in global markets
- Strengthen your leadership skills and self-management skills
- Expand your professional network
- Boost organizational performance
- Enhance participants’ view of the global business world by drawing on international perspectives in order to better forecast future trends.
- Update and improve top management skills required to develop innovative strategies and implement change in global organizations.
- Review the latest business concepts and practices related to strategy, finance, operations, marketing and human capital.
- Provide an international networking platform among participants, faculty and visiting business leaders.
Module 1: Vision
- 21st Century Leadership Challenge
- Critical thinking
- What’s Your Story?
- Going Global: The Context of 21st Century Economy
- Competitive Advantage of Social Capital
- Marketing trends
- Big Data
Module 2: Transformation
- Strategy & Organization
- Implementing a Global Marketing Strategy
- M & A Strategy
- Innovation in a Digital World
- Internationalization Strategy
- Scenario Planning
- Power Nodes
Managing the Customer’s Experience . Module 3: Leadership
Building a High Performance Environment
Extra curricular activities
In addition to gaining business knowledge and leadership insights, the GSMP program offers participants an opportunity to experience the cultural and historical richness of Chicago and Madrid through extra-curricular activities.
I am the President and Chief Executive Officer of The Center for High Performance (CfHP). In this role, I act as a strategic advisor to CEOs of leading global companies on strategy attainment and business transformation. I have a strong track record of helping leaders maximize returns on strategi...
I teach strategic thinking and entrepreneurship at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business. We work with leaders to apply cutting edge insights from decision science to major business and societal problems. Gregory D. Bunch draws on a wealth of experience as an entrepreneur, manager, ...
Mia de Kuijper, MPP ’83, PhD ’83 economics, is the Senior Vice President and Strategy Advisor at Salesforce. Mia has successfully built and run companies and academic institutions. Her previous global corporate leadership positions have been at Royal Dutch Shell, PepsiCo, and AT&T, and she ha...
At Chicago Booth, Marvin Zonis taught courses on the international political economy, political risk, and business leadership. He was the first professor at the Business School to teach a course on the effects of digital technologies on global business. He is the recipient of both the Quantrell A...
Visiting Professor and Executive in Residence-Executive Education, IE Business School. Gareth’s career has spanned both the academic and business worlds. He began as a University academic in Economic and Social Studies at the University of East Anglia before moving to the London Business School, ...
Andrew Peter Wallace McCarthy is a designer, facilitator, consultant, and educator. Andrew has worked in his beloved New York and internationally as a designer, art and creative director, and creative consultant in several multinationals and a great many startups, advising organizations on creati...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Human Capital Management
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.