Global Scaleup Program
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with IE Business School.Full disclaimer.
Unlock your organization’s growth potential, enhance your analytic abilities, and take appropriate action for today’s global markets in this two-part program co-created by the American University of Beirut and IE Business School.
Gain new perspectives and insights into the growth challenges your company is facing and learn how to link and execute 7 key components of your business (Strategy, Business Innovation, Human Resources, Operations, Accounting and Finance, Marketing and Sales, and Governance) for sustainable growth.
The Global Scaleup Program (GSP), designed for busy executives in a convenient modular and blended format over 8 weeks, empowers you with concise actionable tools with real-world relevance and applicability. The Program aims to help you understand international strategies for growth, identify your company’s strategic strengths and weaknesses for scalability, and the organizational changes required for the business to grow. This management program adopts a blended format of face-to-face and online sessions, and combines outstanding global experts and faculty. It will equip you with the knowledge, skills, tools and support needed to scale-up your business on solid foundations. You will sharpen your skills through a variety of learning experiences including assigned pre-readings, workshops and lectures, case discussions, mentoring sessions, course assignments, and meetings with business leaders.
If your company is facing growth-related challenges limiting your ability to achieve your business potential, this program is for you. The Global Scaleup Program is a 2-month program designed to help small and medium-sized companies overcome their growth challenges. The program is a partnership between two top-ranked business schools, IE Business School and American University of Beirut, Olayan School of Business bringing together outstanding expertise and faculty from across continents around the subject.
The program equips you with the tools and support needed to scale-up your company on solid foundations. It allows you to:
- Identify your growth and scaling barriers.
- Acquire a systemization growth mindset.
- Develop your organization’s growth pillars.
- Learn how to apply scale-up tools.
- Network with a select dynamic group of CEOs and owners-founders.
MODULE 1: STRATEGY
- Poor strategy or no strategy: barriers to scaling for small and medium enterprises.
- The 7 Facets Strategy.
- The application of the One-Page Strategic Plan.
MODULE 2: BUSINESS INNOVATION
- Design Thinking Workshop.
- Lean Startup Tools.
- Disruptive Innovation.
- Business Model Innovation.
MODULE 3: HUMAN RESOURCES
- Leading self: High Performance.
- High-Performing Teams.
- Managing Multicultural Teams.
MODULE 4: OPERATIONS
- Scale and scaleups.
- Exponentiality and growth.
- Super scale me.
MODULE 5: ACCOUNTING & FINANCE
- Financial Statements.
- Cash Management for Growth.
- Managerial Accounting.
- “Power of One” – Critical KPI.
- The 7 Levers of Cash.
- Valuing Your Business.
MODULE 6: MARKETING & SALES
- Market sizing terminology.
- Defining your target customers.
- Estimating your addressable market share.
- The importance and effects of pricing.
- Psychology of Compliance.
- Secrets of persuasion.
- Practical ideas to boost your sales.
- Pillars of success.
- Clients’ decision process.
- Need satisfaction and added value creation.
- Pitch your value proposition.
MODULE 7: GOVERNANCE FOR SCALING UP
- Governance basics.
- Family business.
Who should attend
The program is targeted for key decision makers of small or medium-sized enterprises, as well as start-ups who have gone through their first round of financing. Program participants can be Owner-Managers, CEOs, CFOs, and other executive-level decision makers committed to growing their organization.