Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Indian Institute of Management Calcutta.Full disclaimer.
About the course
The internationalization of economies and firms has increased dramatically in the last two decades as both developing and developed countries seek greater investment opportunities, larger markets, more natural resources and cheaper labour around the world. The international environment within which firms operate have also changed significantly in recent years, with trade wars, economic recessions and currency crises affecting the international business of firms. Moreover, not all investment locations are investment-friendly and investments involve countryspecific risks.
This programme seeks to provide business leaders with some insights into the changing global economic environment as well as political changes, both within major economies and in relations between them, which is having an impact on the international business of firms . It is expected that the course will provide participants with a deeper understanding of the big picture encompassing international political, regulatory and economic environment within which firms operate and the possible impact of recent changes in these environments on their business.
- Discuss the background and context of contemporary global economic and political changes in different regions / countries of the world that are of current concern.
- Expose business leaders to current global economic developments and relate it to changes in the regional and global political environment so that they gain a better perspective of the global, regional and national business environment.
- The programmes special emphasis will be on the political economy of the US, Europe, Japan and the BRIC countries (Brazil, Russia, India and China).
- Introduction to Global Political Economy for Business Leaders
- Assessing Country Risks for Business – Assessment Criteria and Risk Indices
- Political Economy of Advanced Countries
- Euro Area Crisis
- Implications of President Trump and Trade War for Global Business
- Assessing and Managing Country Risks in Developed Economies – Case Studies
- Political Economy of Oil and the MENA Region
- Recent trends in oil prices and shape of things to come
- Political Economy of Asian Economies – China and East Asian Economies
- Emergence of China as a Global Power
- Economic Opportunities in the East Asian region
- Assessing and Managing Country Risks – Case Study on China
- Latin America and Africa with special reference to:
- South Africa
- Assessing and Managing Country Risks – Case Studies on Latin America and Africa
- Global Political Economy from an Indian Looking Glass – Implications for Indian Business
Who should attend
The programme is designed for senior executives in enterprises/organizations that are either involved in, or aspire to explore, multinational/global business.
Trust the experts
Partha Ray is currently Professor of Economics at the Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta where he teaches Macroeconomics, Global Political Economy and Issues in Monetary Policy. During 2007 – 2011 he was Adviser to the Executive Director (India) at the International Monetary Fund, Washingto...
Biju Paul Abraham
Biju Paul Abraham is currently Professor of Public Policy at the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. His primary teaching and research interests have been in the area of public systems and policy, particularly national and international regulation and its impact on investment and firms. He h...