Global Oil Trading
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Nanyang Business School.Full disclaimer.
To truly trade oil, one has to understand the core dynamics of this complex industry. This 3-day course offers a unique opportunity to learn the oil industry dynamics from an oil industry veteran with over three decades of experience in physical and financial trading, in operational work including oil refining, transport and storage, and in strategic work involving exposure and risk management.
Unlike other oil trading courses which emphasise the mechanics of trading oil, this course delves into the intricacies of the oil business and relates it to the price discovery process and the relative pricing of oil products. The lead instructor’s sharing of his vast operational experience and decades of successful oil trading experience provides a strong foundation of knowledge upon which the participant can develop a sustainable edge in oil trading.
- Gain a thorough understanding on the intricacies of the oil business and better relate it to the price discovery process and the relative pricing of oil products.
- Learn how to apply advanced features in Excel to significantly improve the effectiveness and efficiency of portfolio modeling.
- Deepen the knowledge in translating transaction to exposure and managing risk to ensure sustained profitability.
- Discover actionable market trading strategies by analysing real-life business case studies.
Global Oil Trading programme is a 3-Day programme with interactive seminar-style approach supported by relevant case studies and group breakout sessions.
- Day 1 The Real World of Oil Trading
- Day 2 Oil Price Discovery: Methodologies, Valuations and Linkages
- Day 3 Exposure, Risk Management and Trading Strategy Case Studies
Who should attend
The Global Oil Trading programme is designed to meet the needs of professionals working in the oil trading industry. Professionals who want to increase their knowledge of practical derivatives used by the oil industry; require a better understanding of trading practice and oil trading value chain. They represent various functions such as:
- Crude Oil/Fuel Oil & Gas Traders
- Petrochemical & Feedstock Traders
- Senior Management in Market Analysis/Economic Analysis/International Markets Analysis
- Operations Assistants
- Trading/Risk & Business Analysts
- Commercial Managers
- Financial Managers
- Purchasing Managers
- Risk Consultants, Risk Managers
- Supply/Trading & Distribution Managers
- Business Development Managers
- Supply Chain Optimisation Managers
- Sales & Marketing Managers
- Exposure and Risk management