This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Knowledge of global economy and financial markets is an essential prerequisite for any professional working in corporate treasury, banking and financial markets. This program is expected to help the participants understand and analyze current contours of the global economy and trends in various segments of global and Indian financial markets. Thus the program is going to delve into issues on shape of things to come in the global and Indian economy and financial markets.
Understanding and analyzing the twists and trends in global economy and financial markets; anticipating the broad shape of things to come.
- Major actors of the global economy, global macroeconomic indicators.
- Discussion on major contemporary issues (e.g., Brexit, Euro area crisis, BRICS and other emerging economies).
- Analysis of and trends in major financial markets (Equity, Bond, Currency and Commodities); factors influencing various markets, linkage between economic and financial indicators.
- Hedge Fund and Private Equity
- Challenges for Banking Industry
Who should attend
Professionals working in Banking and Financial Services Industry Corporate Treasury Professionals Financial Market Analysts.
Trust the experts
Prof. Ashok Banerjee joined the Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta (IIM-C) as Professor (Finance and Control) in August 2004. Prior to joining IIM-C, he was a professor at IIM-Lucknow. He has been the Dean (New Initiatives and external Relations) of IIM Calcutta. He is a Postgraduate in Com...
Partha Ray is currently Professor of Economics at the Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta where he teaches Macroeconomics, Global Political Economy and Issues in Monetary Policy. During 2007 – 2011 he was Adviser to the Executive Director (India) at the International Monetary Fund, Washingto...