Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Participants are of diverse cultural backgrounds, come from a wide range of industries, and represent the private and public sectors. Participant titles include:
- CEO, COO, and President
- Owners and Principals
- Board Members
The Global CEO Program typically attracts chief decision makers and C-level senior executives with commensurate general management experience in companies with global or regional operations. Participants should be fluent in English for business purposes and willing to share their experiences, viewpoints, and expertise with fellow participants.
This program is ideal for individuals from companies working in areas affected by an uncertain and complex world, such as financial services, telecommunications, health care, and consumer goods, as well as firms impacted by increased pressure from globalized market forces.
About the course
The Global CEO Program: A Transformational Journey offers chief executives an opportunity to step back from the rapid pace of daily business to reflect on the most pressing issues facing their companies, while engaging with seasoned executives from distinct backgrounds, industries, and cultures.
This strategic management program is led by three top-ranked business schools — IESE Business School, the Wharton School, and the China Europe International Business School (CEIBS) — and participants will attend one-week modules on three continents: Europe, North America, and Asia.
Program Highlights & Benefits
In Global CEO Program: A Transformational Journey, you will:
- Rethink your business vision and management approach as a global leader
- Focus on a specific business challenge faced by your organization
- Identify new insights and perspectives
- Reflect on actions geared to your organization’s needs for greater impact
Experience & Impact
Designed for a truly international learning experience over three non-consecutive weeks, the Global CEO program offers a unique forum for the exchange of ideas among senior executives from diverse backgrounds, industries, and cultures. The program employs a wide array of teaching approaches. For example:
- Expert faculty members guide in-depth discussions and provide highly informed views on global markets.
- Participants engage in interactive discussions, individual learning, case-based learning, peer coaching, role-plays, and group exercises.
- Small- and large-group discussions, team projects, and study groups promote the exchange of ideas and experiences and stimulate fresh thinking.
- Interaction with other highly successful business executives who come from different parts of the world enables participants to formulate new goals and strategies.
- Daily learning logs maximize program benefits and boost effectiveness.
Module I North America — The Wharton School, Philadelphia, U.S.
- Developing breakthrough marketing strategies
- Capturing profitable growth through strategic financial decisions
- Identifying and selecting opportunities through innovative processes
- Linking operations to profitability
Module II Asia — China Europe International Business School (CEIBS), Shanghai, China
- Expanding your global footprint
- Negotiating across different cultures
- Structuring your organization through corporate governance policies
Module III Europe — IESE Business School, Barcelona, Spain
- Understanding the factors that shape the global landscape
- Defining strategies to take into account cross-border differences
- Designing new business models
Education PhD, University of California, Berkeley, Haas School of Business, 1994; BA, University of California, Los Angeles, 1986 Recent Consulting Research and consulting involve the influence of emotions and emotional intelligence on work behavior, organizational culture and organizational cult...
Mauro F. Guillén is the Director of the Joseph H. Lauder Institute at Penn, a researchandteaching program on management and international relations. He holds the Dr. Felix Zandman Endowed Professorship in International Management at the Wharton School and a secondary appointment as Professor of S...
Education PhD, University of Rochester, 1997; MA, University of Rochester, 1996; BS, Nova SBE, Portugal, 1991 Background Professor Gomes has been at the Wharton School since 1997. His expertise lies at the intersection of macroeconomics and financial markets where he has taught several courses to...
Emilie R. Feldman is an Associate Professor of Management at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. She graduated magna cum laude from Harvard College, where she studied Economics and French Literature, and she received her MBA and DBA in Strategy from the Harvard Business School. ...
Michael Platt has been selected as the sixteenth Penn Integrates Knowledge Professor, effective July 1, 2015. Platt, a neuroscientist whose work focuses on the brain’s decisionmaking processes, has appointments in the Department of Neuroscience in the Perelman School of Medicine, the Department ...
Education JD, Harvard University, 1994; BA, University of California at Berkeley, 1991 Recent Consulting World Bank (201415). Advising on use of gamification in massive open online courses. Marriott and Franklin Covey (2014). Developing gamification system for employee motivation. Organization ...
Education PhD, Princeton University, 2000; B.S., Bogaziçi University, 1991 Academic Positions Held Wharton: 2009present; 19982008. Previous appointment: Stanford University Archishman Chakraborty, Simon Gervais, Bilge Yilmaz (2011), Security Design in Initial Public Offerings , Review of Finance...
Professor of Bioengineering, Professor of Computer and Information Science, the School of Engineering and Applied Science; Professor of Genomics and Computational Biology, Perelman School of Medicine; Professor of Operations, Information and Decisions, the Wharton School; Professor of Psychology,...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.