Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
The programme is ideal for participants from companies across the aviation industry and participants who wish to enter the aviation industry.
About the course
Aviation Manager and newcomers to the aviation industry will focus on accountable management issues in the context of global aviation business. Participants will gain an overview and use frameworks to increase their efficiency in global aviation management.
By focusing on management issues in context of aviation, participants will:
- gain an overview and brush up of the system of aviation on a global scale
- gain a brush up of responsibilities of accountable managers in aviation
- learn to implement and conduct internal auditing
- be able to implement lead the process ofrisk management
- be able to implement and manage their safety management system
- learn about quality management systems and how to efficiently apply them
- receive a brush up on most important global and European regulations
- learn how to deals with authorities
- be introduced about certification process management
- learn about cross cultural management with a focus on Asia
Equipped with an overview, frameworks and tools the participants will be able to lead, control and increase the efficiency of processes in global aviation management. They will be given a structure and tool to auditing their companies and be able to reduce risk by using the provided risk management framework. Furthermore, they know about crucial regulations and the impact on their business. Frameworks for quality and safety management help them to comply with the regulations. They will be able to influence and steer the company by applying their understanding of the global system of aviation and leadership skills.
Content & Faculty
Module 1: Accountable Aviation Management
- Overview of the Aviation System
- Overview of International Authorities and Organizations in Aviation
- Overview and handling of National Authorities
- Accountability, Duties and Responsibilities of the Accountable Manager
- Labor Law in Aviation
- Project Management in Aerospace
- International Regulation
- EASA Regulation
- Corporate Governance in Aviation
- Risk Management in Aviation
- Quality Management (frameworks and implementation)
- Aviation Management Systems
- Certification process management
- Documents and requirements
Module 2: International Management (in Singapore)
- Cross cultural management
- Diversity management
- Doing business in Asia
Module 3: Aviation Safety Management
- Essential Basics and Limitations of Safety in Aviation
- Fundamentals and Structure of Safety Management in Aviation
- Business Benefits of Implementing a Safety Management System
- Safety Culture
- Regulatory Requirements
- Documentation CAO SMS Requirements for Operators, Maintenance Organizations, Air Traffic Service Providers and Aerodromes
- EASA Management System Requirements (Part ORO)
- Regulatory Oversight of the Aviation Industry: Regulatory Programs and Tools
- Internal Control Systems
- Production vs. Protection
- Safety Risk Management: Hazard Identification and Implementation of Risk Controls
- Industry Code of Best Practice
Module 4: Auditing in Aviation
- Introduction to quality and compliance management
- Regulations of Management Systems (ISO/EASA)
- Design and structure of EN ISO 19011
- Audit follow-up actions (evaluation, reporting)
- Communication and behavior during the Audit
- Audit-Software AMAS (Aviation Management Audit System)
Professional Career Credit Suisse, Zurich, Investment Accounting Researcher, Eceonomics Department, Aarhus School of Business Lindberg International, Country Manager Switzerland and Benelux Research Associate at Institute for Public Services and Tourism Project Leader Institute für Systemic M...
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.