Who should attend
This online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Team Leaders
- Professional who deliver feedback
- Professional who receive feedback
About the course
Who likes giving or receiving feedback?
Most employers and employees do not. Most employees are brought into the office to receive "constructive criticism" which is not usually constructive. And they leave feeling demotivated and sometimes frustrated. Surely there must be a better way to discuss performance, suggested improvements, and goals for the future.
Giving feedback should engage employees, give them the opportunity to understand their achievements, their skills and successes, as well as means of development and learning. When feedback is communicated in the right way it can lead to exceptional performance. Feedback is a skill and it takes practice.
This Oxford online training course delivers several feedback processes and tips on how you can give feedback constructively and effectively.
By the end of this online training course, you will be able to
- Use feedback models to give and receive feedback
- Relate feedback into the development of the individual
- Encourage confidence and motivation in the feedback process
- Provide negative feedback and ways to improve
- Set future goals and gain commitment
- Always finish on a positive - appreciate the good
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training online training course is conducted online using ClickMeeting and has three sessions starting from 0900 and end 1400.
Amongst a wide range of valuable topics, the following will be prioritised:
- How to give feedback to your staff
- Where to give your feedback
- How feedback fits into the continuous improvement cycle
- Planning your feedback to improve performance
- The rules for effective feedback
- Apply the continuous improvement cycle - goal, plan, action, feedback & change
- How to deliver negative feedback
- Proper praise and appreciation
- How to set goals based upon recent feedback
- How to gain commitment to improve
Oxford e-Certificate will be provided for delegates who attend and complete the online training online training course
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.