Getting Things Done
Starting from the concept that the mind is not a repository of ideas but a generator, a leader has to select and share them in order to realize new projects.
Getting things done means moving from planned tasks and project into actionable work items by sharing them. It is also fundamental to have in mind the key elements that are relevant to bringing about the successful execution of business goals.
Make a strategy works is critical for business leaders and for the success of companies or change initiatives.
The key points are:
- Developing a long-term vision
- Lead successfully through strategy execution.
- Prepare your “taking-charge strategy” for your next assignment.
- Identify sources of power within your organization and use them to build influence.
- Map an organization’s political terrain to identify individuals critical for diffusing a strategy supportive culture.
- Enhance your performance by leveraging informal networks and understanding the political landscape in which key decisions will have to be adopted and implemented.